"ABPF in Campinas, January 2001" Campinas Travelogue by glabah
Campinas Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 66 photos
This is the symbol the ABPF uses on the sides of the passenger cars in Campinas.
The cars have a few modern features, such as the floor material, but restoration has been done to maintain a historic appearance.
The locomotive collection includes a number of steam locomotives, almost all of them wood-burners. There are a few diesel as well.
Loading the wood on the locomotive includes some modern equipment, such as chain saws.
According to one of the ABPF people, the wood mostly comes from used pallets from a nearby factory.
Scenery Along the Line, at least at the time of this visit, was mostly rural. Lost of trees and pasture land, as well as old coffee plantations that were the reason for the line to exist to begin with.
In same cases, the line-side grass had grown so high that it actually came in the windows, and was higher than the train.
More Travelogues (1)
glabah's Related Pages
Campinas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campinas, São Paulo"
- "Railway Preservation in Campinas"
- "When I was a boy..."
- "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
- "The city where I choose to live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campinas
- Hotels in Campinas
- Transportation in Campinas
- Nightlife in Campinas
- Restaurants in Campinas
- Shopping in Campinas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campinas
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Campinas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campinas
Photos in CampinasSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 157 reviews, 778 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 155 reviews, 650 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 321 photos, 28 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 37 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 139 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
Latest Campinas hotel reviews
- Tryp Campinas
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013