"A walk along the houses of Doesburg" Doesburg Travelogue by Pavlik_NL
Doesburg Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 63 photos
In this travellogue I want to take you by the hand and walk you around the centre of Doesburg. Just keep on looking at the simple houses, besides the joy of the larger monuments. In this you'll see that Doesburg indeed is filled with specialties.
Warehouses can be recognised easily on the bar with catrol sticking out a roofchapel. Later the houses were remodelled into mansions. Spacy buildings where wealthy families found their homes.
Now-a-days in the centre the monumental buildings are either used as shops with some storagerooms on higher floors or simply as houses.
Luckely one didn't make the mistake so many other towns in The Netherlands did, by putting new ugly buildings in between monuments. In Doesburg most buildings are adapted to the antique character of the town's centre. It worked out for the better.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All "Hofjes", courtyards, hidden little...
- Dutch variant of Bed & Breakfast
- See All The "Hof van" Court of "Wisch"
- See All Candy from Doesburg,
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Doesburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An old city that has stayed a village"
- "Doesburg, the town where the mustard comes from."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doesburg
- Hotels in Doesburg
- Transportation in Doesburg
- Restaurants in Doesburg
- Shopping in Doesburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doesburg
- 32 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Doesburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doesburg
Photos in DoesburgSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues