"Mini VT Meeting Oct 25, 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination London Travelogue by CdnJane
London Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 318 photos
Nathalie let us know that she was going to be in Ontario, and wanted to meet Hans (Waalewiener) and me... and uh, oh yeah... JACOB!!! At the time we (or was it just me? *wink*) didn't know that there was a romance building between those 2 (Jacob & Nathalie... not her and Hans!!!). So, knowing that Lori wouldn't let Hans out of her sight again, just a week after coming back from Europe... we figured someplace almost equi-distance for us all would be London Ontario. Lots of restaurants, and other things to do.
I checked out online for things to do, and restaurants, and then bounced them off my friends in London. I came up with McGinnis Landing for lunch, and then a trip to the Bellamere Winery and Country Market.
My friend Debbie (DebMcG) lives around the corner, so I decided that I, too, needed a "date" and she joined us.... as did Lori, Hans' wonderful wife and counterpart. Those two are truly two-halves of a whole - may all marriages be so wonderful.
It rained on the drive to London (me from Toronto, Lori & Hans from Windsor, and Jacob & Nathalie from Stayner), but once within the London citylimits the rain held off, and while overcast, was dry.
It was great fun... lots of laughter, many many pictures, and good friendship. Thanks to Deb for being the group photographer (when we could non-surgically, disengage Hans & Jacob from their cameras!!!), and for her further assistance in directions.
In the restaurant
Hmmm now, whose girlfriend is that anyway, Jacob???? You don't look too concerned who is cozying up there! For that matter, neither does Lori look very concerned.
Debbie with her head turned, Lori holding up the stuffed mascot of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, which Nathalie kindly gave to us.
Hans seems surprised that others would dare take pics... and that beer looks right at home in Jacob's hand!
The food at McGinnis Landing seemed to appeal to all. I had the Penne with Chicken and it was great. Lots of fresh vegetables, tons of cheese, a nice tomato er rosy sauce and pasta cooked just right. The two garlic toast slices were a nice touch.
I think there maybe oxygen in that camera which is why Hans can't get it out of his hand!
Debbie without having to be taking OUR pictures! She said she had a great time, and I think she fit right in with our group. After the others had departed and I drove Deb home, we found that she hadn't been in VT since January so I hope that changes, and she becomes more active.
CdnJane's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LONDON, ONTARIO CANADA"
- "Our son's hometown"
- "London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor"
- "Home of the young"
- "Mini VT Meeting Oct 25, 2003"
- "My Former HomeThe Canadian London!"
- "mizgoldie's new London Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Travelling with a Trach"
- Wrote a Review Basic and Un-inspiring in London Hotels
- updated a London Travel Page "London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not a seafood restaurant, even with that name"
- Commented on one of Waalewiener's London travel pages
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues