"Mini VT Meeting Oct 25, 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination London Travelogue by CdnJane

London Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 315 photos

The Group

Nathalie let us know that she was going to be in Ontario, and wanted to meet Hans (Waalewiener) and me... and uh, oh yeah... JACOB!!! At the time we (or was it just me? *wink*) didn't know that there was a romance building between those 2 (Jacob & Nathalie... not her and Hans!!!). So, knowing that Lori wouldn't let Hans out of her sight again, just a week after coming back from Europe... we figured someplace almost equi-distance for us all would be London Ontario. Lots of restaurants, and other things to do.
I checked out online for things to do, and restaurants, and then bounced them off my friends in London. I came up with McGinnis Landing for lunch, and then a trip to the Bellamere Winery and Country Market.
My friend Debbie (DebMcG) lives around the corner, so I decided that I, too, needed a "date" and she joined us.... as did Lori, Hans' wonderful wife and counterpart. Those two are truly two-halves of a whole - may all marriages be so wonderful.
It rained on the drive to London (me from Toronto, Lori & Hans from Windsor, and Jacob & Nathalie from Stayner), but once within the London citylimits the rain held off, and while overcast, was dry.
It was great fun... lots of laughter, many many pictures, and good friendship. Thanks to Deb for being the group photographer (when we could non-surgically, disengage Hans & Jacob from their cameras!!!), and for her further assistance in directions.

Nathalie & Jacob with Hans

In the restaurant

The Group in the restaurant

Hmmm now, whose girlfriend is that anyway, Jacob???? You don't look too concerned who is cozying up there! For that matter, neither does Lori look very concerned.

Lori with new friends

Debbie with her head turned, Lori holding up the stuffed mascot of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, which Nathalie kindly gave to us.

But is it the right beer, Jacob?

Hans seems surprised that others would dare take pics... and that beer looks right at home in Jacob's hand!

Delicious lunch - Penne with Chicken

The food at McGinnis Landing seemed to appeal to all. I had the Penne with Chicken and it was great. Lots of fresh vegetables, tons of cheese, a nice tomato er rosy sauce and pasta cooked just right. The two garlic toast slices were a nice touch.

Hans with his camera connection

I think there maybe oxygen in that camera which is why Hans can't get it out of his hand!

Debbie at Bellamere

Debbie without having to be taking OUR pictures! She said she had a great time, and I think she fit right in with our group. After the others had departed and I drove Deb home, we found that she hadn't been in VT since January so I hope that changes, and she becomes more active.

• Page Written Oct 26, 2003

Comments

CdnJane

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Badges & Stats in London