"A VT meeting with a FRENCH (and Indian) TWIST!" London Travelogue by Geisha_Girl
London Travel Guide: 23,063 reviews and 47,263 photos
When I first learned that I'd have a 4 hour layover in London en route to Madrid, I sent a mail over to my VT pal, Phil_UK_NET. He and I had been in correspondence for many months now and we always thought about the day when we could meet in the REAL world.
When I mentioned about my 4 hours stopover in Heathrow, I said, "Hey Phil, how about a cup of coffee in the morning?"
When he found out my arrival time (6am)....he says, "Are you CRAZY GG?!!"
Aaaahhhh, dearest Phil is not a morning person, I see!
Alas, my meeting with him would have to resort to a "wakeup call" from the airport and my own rendition of a Billy Holliday tune.......
My plans changed and a THREE DAY layover in London was going to happen. My "wakeup call" came a day and an afternoon earlier.
As soon as I spoke, he knew exactly who it was on the phone.
With my "Partner-in-Crime," Christian.Lafont, we set out to meet Phil at a cozy Indian restaurant in Covent Garden.
The rest is history, my friends..........
The afternoon started with a surprise call to Phil.
He had no idea I made a last minute decision to stay in London for a few days!
After a scrumptious feast of Indian "Balti" (is that how it's called, Christian?) cuisine, and a "VT TELEPHONIC" meeting with calls to Madrid and Philadelphia (Ivan_Jimenez and Shpynka).......they had no idea the 3 of us were together so it was fun having Phil "role play" with them. He had the Spaniard thinking he had outstanding unpaid parking tickets in London! ;-)).......
We then headed off to have "dessert"...........at the nearest PUB!
Another successful VT Meeting! It was such an honor and a pleasure to meet you in person, Phil. You are just as warm and genuine in the REAL world as you have been in the VIRTUAL world.
Thank you for making the trek out to the city centre to meet with us! I simply could not leave that city without meeting you face to face!
You see? I am not as *wild a child* in reality as you may think. I'm just a simple Geisha.
Now........you didn't happen to see my bra and panty laying around that Indian restaurant, did you Phil? I seemed to have misplaced it during dinner! ;-)))))
(Photography by LaFont)
- See All Beware the ORANGE SHIRT PATROL! (Tate...
- See All Go to the DUNGEON!
- See All A Taste of India in Covent Garden
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in London
- 23 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Bend Forum "Re: Favorite Hikes"
- Uploaded a Video to London
- Commented on one of Sharon's London travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "If you are tired of London, you are tired of life"
- updated a London Travel Page "If you are tired of London, you are tired of life"
- Wrote a Review Beware the ORANGE SHIRT PATROL! (Tate Modern) in London Warnings and Dangers
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (232)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest London hotel reviews
- Elizabeth Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Euston Square Hotel
- 301 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Richmond Inn Hotel
- 412 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Chamberlain Hotel
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- The Zetter
- 434 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Knaresborough Apartments
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- High Road House
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 14, 2013
- The Grand at Trafalgar Square
- 542 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Euro Hotel
- 279 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Regents Park Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2012
- Rubens Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion