"Sourbugger's quizes & friends gallery" Personal Page by sourbugger
I thought some of you might like a couple of little quizes I devised. You will find all the answers on my travel pages somewhere !
QUIZ 1 : THE BEATLES
1. In which English East coast resort can it be said that the Beatles were actually formed ?
2. What is the name of the road next to a railway station in London where the opening scene to "A hard Day's night" was filmed ?
3. In which hotel did the Beatles spend the summer of 63 ?
4. Which Peterborough pub has it's own urban legend about the fab four ?
5. Where in London would you remove your footwear to remember a Beatles Album ?
6. In which London Square can you still see a set of flowerbeds where they once posed ?
7. In which street did the Beatles give their last public perforamance ?
8. Where can you still find the Fab Four together ?
QUIZ 2 : Film & T.V. locations
1) From which London Train Terminal did the "Hogwart's Express leave", and why did J.K Rowling make a mistake here ?
2) What is the real name of the famous station in rural Ireland that was "Castletown" in the John Wayne film "The Quiet man" ?
3) Where did "Old Mother Riley" first tread the boards in a Lincolnshire town ?
4) Which film star spent the Second world war in Peterborough, England ?
5) Which Tunisian Hotel was the home of Luke Skywalker ?
6) Where in North Africa was Brian Crucified ?
7) Which small village in Ireland has built a tourist industry around a "Quiet man"?
8) Which film caused a row in Malaysia about the way the country was shown ?
9) Which American appeared in the film "The KIng and I", and whose house was left to the nation of Thailand.
10) Which town is the home of the BBC hit comedy series "The Office"?
Answers are at the bottom of 'odds and sods' album
I've been using a variety of Sourbuggers for my Membaers photo over the last six months or so - i've hope I captured them all here, although I may have missed a couple.
No 1 - Angus Deayton. Only up for a week as Berni started fancyin him
Star of "Have I got News for you", but left after lying about drugs and prostitutes (and not even paying for them)
No 2 - Leonard Rossiter.
Star of "Rising damp" in the character of Rigsby, the awful sour landlord of a rooming house.
No 3 - An american for a change.
I like one of his most famous lines :
"i'm not prejudiced...I hat everybody equally"
No 4 - Albert Steptoe.
British viewers need no introduction, Americans may know the series that was re-made in the US "Sanford & Son"
No 6 - The Original. Victor meldrew (played by Richard Wilson) from the series "One foot in the grave".
No7 - An Historical one : one evil sourbugger from ancient history : Herod the Great.....More than 2,000 years after he succumbed at age 69, doctors have now settled on exactly what killed the king of ancient Judea: chronic kidney disease complicated by a very uncomfortable case of maggot-infested gangrene of the genitals.
Not Father Christmas at all, as some thought !
- how did explain that one - i wonder ?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,975 Reviews
- 2,835 Photos
- 36 Countries
- 253 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
- updated a London Travel Page "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- Commented on one of sourbugger's Marne-la-Vallée travel pages
- sourbugger and jayjayc are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Not impressed in Tralee Restaurants
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Anyone have a number or..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Get some diesel fumes up the hooter."
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Sourbugger's world"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 318 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 209 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 115 reviews, 116 photos
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 87 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 80 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 58 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 39 reviews, 38 photos
- Boston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos