"Underground Cities" Goreme Travelogue by Ckaya1978
Goreme Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,590 photos
The region has many underground cities. The most well known one is Derinkuyu and Kaymakli.
Derinkiyu is the deepest one. 12 floors down under the ground. At that times they had everything in the underground city. Kitchens, Storage areas, School, Church, Houses, Common Area and so on. In Derinkuyu 30.000 people had lived. Amazing!
You can take a package daily tour like I did from Goreme. They take the tourists to to Pegion Valley, Derinkuyu Underground City, time off at lunch. The restaurant they take is by the river....fresh fish is great and included to the package tour. Then to Ihlara Valley...wow...what a place...trekking for a while...then to Uchisar Castle...sunset watch and turn back to Goreme!
I really enjoyed! The tour guide girl and the driver was very hot blooded...had lots of fun!
Ckaya1978's Related Pages
Goreme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAGICAL CAPPADOCIA!"
- "Göreme and Cappadocia"
- "Goreme Open-Air Museum"
- "The magical, fantasy world of Kapadokya"
- "Goreme and Cappadocia"
- "For those who into art history"
- "out of this world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goreme
- Hotels in Goreme
- Transportation in Goreme
- Nightlife in Goreme
- Restaurants in Goreme
- Shopping in Goreme
- Warnings and Dangers in Goreme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goreme
- 4 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Goreme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goreme
Photos in GoremeSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Goreme Intro, 4 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Izmir Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antalya Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bodrum Intro, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marmaris Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kusadasi Intro, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fethiye Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Side Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues