"VT Meeting 16 August 2003 - My first "big one"!" Maastricht Travelogue by sabsi

Maastricht Travel Guide: 1,269 reviews and 3,261 photos

The Meeting

I had just cancelled my holiday and was dying to leave the country so Maastricht sounded like the perfect destination to go to as there was a big VT meeting planned.

And it was big! A lot of Vt members that I hadn't met before. The biggest pile of postcards I have ever signed. And lots of fun!

VTers who were there were:

From the Netherlands:

From China:
Vivian (Jinwenwang)

From Nicaragua:
Valeria (MariaValeria)

Roy had organised a meeting point at 12 in a bar at Vrijthof. When we (the German delegation ;) arrived at the square we were searching for the cafe and didn't know where it was. Stef said "Look, there is somebody taking pictures - it has to be them"). Yes, it was Caro taking the picture so we easily found the group that had been there already. It was so nice to see all these people I only knew from their passport pictures in real life suddenly!

We sat at this spot for at least 2 hours and I was introduced into the tradition to order beer at a VT meeting, no matter what time of the day it is. We had lunch here as well (for me it was breakfast actually). And again I ordered something which is really hard to eat without making a complete fool out of myself: the massive Club Sandwich with Comcommer > Cucumber > Gurken ;)

Holger went Dutch already here. He had the typical Dutch snack: Kroket and chips with mustard!

We then started our city walk. The people must have thought we are completely crazy. Every 5 metres in the shopping street we waited .. because somebody had to take a picture of something.

It was nearly impossible to take a picture of anybody without the camera in front of their face. Here Sandra and I take pictures of ourselves taking pictures of each other.

I caught the seldom moment of Caro not taking a picture here.

The men were the minority today: Here's three of them: Wietse, Martin and Holger. We still had covered only 150 mtrs of our tour!

Continued in the 2nd travelogue !

• Page Updated Aug 17, 2003

Comments

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Maastricht

Have you been to Maastricht?