"The Wasdale Head Shepherds Meet and Show" Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Travelogue by into-thin-air
Cumbria Travel Guide: 1,172 reviews and 3,091 photos
As I have already mentioned, In My oppinion one of the BEST days out in West Cumbria is " The Wasdale Head Shepherds Meet and Show ", This is held Every Year on the Second Saturday in October in the Hamlet of Wasdale Head, At the Head of Wastwater, England's Deepest Lake, The Show-Ground is at the foot of Scafell Pike, the Highest Mountain in England and in the Next Field to the Show is Saint Olaf's Church, said to be the Smallest Church in England ( Wasdale is also said to be the Home of " The Biggest Liar in the World " -- But all the information in this page is TRUE -- Honestly !!!!! )
There Really is something for Everybody at " Our Show " -- the easiest way to illustrate that is to give you the program !!
12.30 -- Dog & Terrier classes will be judged followed by Children's Pets and Shepherds Boots !!
12.30 -- Under 15 Children's Sports
13.00 -- Sticks will be judged
14.15 -- Senior Hound Trail - ?100 Prize Money
15.00 -- Senior & Junior Fell Races
15.00 -- Senior Maiden Hound Trail - ?30 Prize Money
16.00 -- Cumberland & Westmoreland Wrestling. Under 11.s -- 12's -- 13's -- 15's -- 18's then 10.5 stone, 12 stone & all Weight
16.15 -- Puppy Hound Trail - ?50 Prize Money
Other events during the Afternoon
Amateur Sheep Judging Competition
There are Numerous Trade Stands and we especially Encourage our Local Businesses to come to the Show to display and sell their produce
You are surrounded by 360 degrees of Mountains, it Really is a Great Day, One that you are Sure not to forget for a Long Tome -- So Come Along -- All Welcome
This year (2012) the Show will take place on Saturday 13th October
A REAL CUMBRIAN DAY OUT !!!!!!!!
Futher details and loads of pics can be found on our New Website New page Here
On a wet day the Best Place to seek Refuge is in the Beer Tent !!! You will get all the Local Crack and If you are Lucky maybe even a "Hot" tip for one of the Hound Trails !!!
- See All Show consideration to others
- See All Excellent Accommodation at an affordable...
- See All Only if you are Very Lucky !!!
- Where to buy your boots in Lakeland
- Best Café in Silloth
- See All Eskdale to Boot via Miterdale & Burnmoor...
- Keep your Rucksack Safe -- Keep your kit...
- Be Prepared when out on the Fell...
- See All Great Gable & The Front Climbers...
- Walking in the wet !!!!
- Something Not to be Missed !!
Been to Cumbria?Share your travels with the world!
into-thin-air's Related Pages
Cumbria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wasdale -- " My Back Yard " !!!"
- "My County"
- "Where I Live....."
- "Ulverston, Cumbria"
- "Lake Windermere"
- "The Lake District, Cumbria, England"
- "Cumbria (and the Lake District)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cumbria
- Hotels in Cumbria
- Transportation in Cumbria
- Nightlife in Cumbria
- Restaurants in Cumbria
- Shopping in Cumbria
- Warnings and Dangers in Cumbria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumbria
- 55 Reviews
- 220 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Cumbria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumbria
- Posted in Travel Nepal Forum "Re: Possibility of trekking Nepal..."
- Wrote a Review Show consideration to others in Cumbria Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Show consideration to others"
- Commented on one of into-thin-air's Cumbria tips
- created a Cumbria Travelogue "Wasdale"
- Uploaded a Video to Cumbria
Videos in CumbriaSee All Videos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 323 reviews, 892 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 127 reviews, 435 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 221 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 100 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 45 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 30 reviews, 136 photos
- Granada Intro, 40 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaragoza Intro, 31 reviews, 120 photos
- Aragon Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos
- Portugal Intro, 29 reviews, 96 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (57)
Top Cumbria hotels
- Carlisle Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Barrow in Furness Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Windermere Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 76 Photos
- Bowness-on-Windermere Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Keswick Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 329 Photos
- Penrith Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Kendal Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Ambleside Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Grasmere Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Coniston Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Cockermouth Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Glenridding Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Ullswater Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 67 Photos
- Sedbergh Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Natland Hotels
- See nearby hotels