"The beautiful naked nature in the Kampina" Boxtel Travelogue by Pavlik_NL
Boxtel Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 25 photos
Though most people will visit the Kampina from the "Oisterwijk"-side, where the wonderful little fennes are. This side attracts the ones who take the Kampina "off the beaten path". Here only few go for a walk, making it an exquisit please to find silence and privacy that a nature-lover needs to become one with the surroundings.
Flowers blossom in the green grasses that fill the landscape in between the trees. Shade and sunlight beams that break through the trees branches, make this area to a real wonder of nature. Lay down on a silent place, look up and enjoy ... and let beauty overwhelm you in a way it might never happen again.
This side of the Kampina is more foresty then the Oisterwijk side. However, the trees are then and again brooken by fields of high grass and heather, as well as some bushes or small burch-trees. The change in landcape makes it very pleasant to take a walk through the trees and fields and invites to a picknick with good friends under a tree or just a romantic date with your partner. Many open spots attract to a joyous joining.
The Kampina actually is situated in a untouched peat-area. In the whole of The Netherlands peat was used as fuel and furtiliser during medieval times and was massively stuck out in most places. Whole lakes have been created this way. When you would leave the path (but you shouldn't) you will find out that the underground here is quite swampy. Large grass-pieces stick out like little islands in a muddy soil. Only in summertime the soil gets more dried out by the warm sun that shines openly in the open fields. The waterlevel loweres and the landscape becomes a bumpy territory with many hiding places for the wildlife in between bushes and little groups of trees. Where they gain their safety the soil is wet and warm with smooth tapistry of grass, heather and smaller plants. Rich of furtility, here's where one can have the full joy of the littlest details.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Saint Ursula's church and convent
- See All A little promotion for an old colleague.
- Natural splendour in the Kampina
- Waterpleasures around the "Langspier"
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Boxtel Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Boxtel
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Boxtel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boxtel
Photos in BoxtelSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues