"A walk through Old Montreal" Montreal Travelogue by ChuckG
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,641 reviews and 6,786 photos
From the Old Port which was renovated 15 years ago at great expense by the Federal government, you get a great view of the Fleuve St-Laurent, the old Montreal and Downtown in the back
Old Montreal web site
Used to be a market where farmers would bring their goods for sale to the city inhabitants.
Marche Bonsecour web site
This picture says it all about the Old Montreal atmosphere
Old Montreal official web site
They are everywhere
List of Art shops
Located in what used to me the Montreal Stock Exchange
You must go inside !
Basilique Notre Dame web site
Downtown and Old Montreal is separated by this empty land build on top of a underground highway. This highway built in the 70s caused the destruction of hundreds of historical houses, fortunately, there are now strict laws and efficient organizations to make sure this won't happen again.
Heritage Montreal; Montreal Architecture preservation group
More Travelogues (2)
Written Jul 14, 2003
A tour of the mansions of Montreal
Written Oct 24, 2003
A spiritual tour of Montreal Chinese Garden
- See All US Immigration Agents at Montreal...
- See All Tourists mingle with Tourists
- See All Off the beaten path Dive bars at...
- See All St-Denis for everyone
- Quick advices
- See All The Metro (Subway)
ChuckG's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 30 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Page keeps going down"
- Wrote a Review US Immigration Agents at Montreal Airport in Montreal Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "It all started here"
- Commented on one of pehsan's Montreal travel pages
- created a Montreal Travelogue "A spiritual tour of Montreal Chinese Garden"
Photos in MontrealSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Montreal hotel reviews
- Residence Inn By Marriott Montreal Westmount
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Maritime Plaza
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Le Saint Malo
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Sandman Longueuil Hotel Montreal
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- Chateau de l'Argoat Montreal
- 238 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Hilton Montreal Bonaventure
- 571 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Auberge Manoir Ville Marie
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- La Maison Pierre du Calvet
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Le Petit Prince Bed & Breakfast
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 3, 2013
- W Montreal
- 672 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Castel St-Denis
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2012
- Quality Hotel Downtown Montreal
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013