"Brooklyn Botanic Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Travelogue by Nathalie_B
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 356 reviews and 752 photos
There is something special about roses, to me they always were the most beautiful flowers. Visit to the Cranford Rose Garden is unforgettable. Imagine this sea of colorful flowers, over 5,000 bushes of nearly 1,200species, accompanied by great aroma. I couldn’t stop taking pictures, too bad I can’t put them all in this travelogue.
Tuesday-Friday: 8 am to 6 pm
Weekends and holidays: 10 am to 6 pmClosed Monday (open holiday Mondays, except for Labor Day)
Tuesday-Friday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Weekends and holidays: 10 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day (open holiday Mondays)
Constructed in 1914 it was the first Japanese garden in American public park. Very interesting and unusual. The Japanese garden surrounds a water reservoir where you may see different kinds of fish jumping out of water for food. If you travel with kids this place is for them! Take a walk around the Japanese garden miniature waterfalls are hiding right behind the bushes.
Established in 1921 these two pools offer to visitors a view on water-lilies white, purple, pink, red that peacefully live together with gold fishes that can be seen through the water.
This huge bird is sitting in the second pool all day without moving. (It's a real one!)
Poor animal must be on drugs ;-))
Steinhardt Conservatory offers amazing collection of plants tropical, banzai trees, cactuses, orchids, desert flora etc.
Tuesday-Sunday & Holidays: 10 am to 5:30 pm
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 am to 4:00 pm
More Travelogues (2)
- Snow storms
- See All Park Slope District
- See All The perfect place for brunch
- See All Horseriding
Nathalie_B's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 17 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos