"(Almost) home sweet home" Elden Travelogue by Pavlik_NL
Elden Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 35 photos
Our neighborhood is called "De Laar Oost" and is completely in the South of Arnhem. The citycentre of my hometown is approximately 7 kilometres by bike or car, but the centre of Elst, a town to further South is only 4 kilometres away. Even closer is the village of Elden that has been surrounded by neighborhood of Arnhem and for us on walking distance from our frontdoor.
Therefor I present my home and it's direct neighborhood on the page of Elden. Only curious people will find it here ... curious enough to get to know us ... a little bit more.
De Laar Oost is really a suburban part of Arnhem. In the morning half of the population leaves the neighborhood on their way to work. The other half, some housewives and the kids go out to go to school (there are three schools in De Laar Oost) or to do some shopping. The neighborhood is now around twenty years old and so nice and green with many trees and fields. The central green area is the Bingelrade-parc. For us a short walk across the neighborhoodroad. Ilja loves to go there, also because here's a large playground.
Near the neighborhood centre there is the large children's playground "De Buitelaar". Ilja loves to go here and play with the things available and especially with the other kids. Ilja is really social and continuously sharing everything with others. Uh-oh ... have to quickly show him that that will surely lead to bankrupty (-:
Anyway, here's the place were - weatherpermiting - he goes many times per week.
In the centre of the neighborhood, next to the parc and close to the playground is a children's farmhouse. Before this neighborhood was built it used to be a farmhouse with a wide area of arable land around it. That's also where the name "De Laar Oost" comes from: The Eastern Acre(s). Now-a-days the farmhouse's function is the neighborhoods social centre that provides activities for young and old. Here's also a "kindergarten" for the youngest.
The farmhouse "De Kroon" also has a part that is now a children's farm. Here they have a few fields that house various small farmanimals, like goats, rabits, peacocks, chicken, ducks, deer, turkeys and pigs. Ilja often goes here to feet them the leftovers of our daily meals, like old bread or fruit- and vegetable-waste. This all a few minutes walk from our house.
On the field in front of our house is also a playground and now-a-days Ilja instinctively is crossing the street, runs over the field to start playing with the equipment that is there. A slide, swings, rack and "wip-wap" (sorry, don't know the name in English). He loves the outdoors and he is crazy from doing things. Especially the slide is his favourite at this moment. Even after he tried to slide once down on the other side ...
HOME SWEET HOME !!!
- See All Wonderful hospitable place to stay
- See All Carnaval in Elden, that's a special...
- See All Westerpark, a little secret under...
- Disappearing village life
- Italian and Dutch (by Asians)
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Elden Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Elden
- Hotels in Elden
- Transportation in Elden
- Restaurants in Elden
- Warnings and Dangers in Elden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Elden
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Elden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elden
Photos in EldenSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues