"PARQUE NACIONAL DA CHAPADA DIAMANTINA 1" Lençóis Travelogue by swesn
Lençóis Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 34 photos
I embarked on a 3-day hiking trip to the Cachoeira da Fumaça, also known as the Glass Waterfall.
At 420m, it was the second highest waterfall in Brazil.
Some steep scrambling later, we reached the top of a section with overhanging rock and stopped for lunch and a nap.
Awesome view through and through. Straight ahead of me, between two mountains, there was a short length of the horizon all to the way to where the earth curved away.
The region was surrounded by mountains with horizontal slates of rocks and thick foliage. We alternated between walking on rocks and cutting through bushes.
We made our way to a deep plunge-pool and a very pretty waterfall. After all the sweat and workout, the pool sure looked inviting. We plunged in, pronto.
I swam up to the waterfall and sat behind it. Hmmm.... It felt just like sitting in the rain.
Pit-stop for that night was under some overhanging rocks, right by the gushing river.
All of us, except the guides, slept near the river, under the stars. I felt wonderfully at peace here, lulled by the sound of the river.
In the middle of the night, we knew why the guides slept under the overhanging rocks. It rained.
In the darkness, we knocked into and tripped over rocks, got a whole foot into water, blundered into walls to resettle ourselves under the overhanging rocks.
More Travelogues (2)
Written Nov 30, 2006
LENCOIS : EMBEDDED ROCKS AND RED RIVER
Written Jun 9, 2003
PARQUE NACIONAL DA CHAPADA DIAMANTINA 2
swesn's Related Pages
Lençóis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHAPADA DIAMANTINA"
- "Ecological paradise - the Diamond Highlands"
- "Your base in the Chapada Diamantina"
- "Capão the Heart of Chapada Diamantina"
- "Looking for Diamonds.."
- "Chapada Diamantina National Park"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mahébourg Hotels
- Lomas de Lachay Hotels
- Vrångö Hotels
- East Timor Hotels
- Herrlingen Hotels
- Senningen Hotels
- Departamento de Montevideo
- Valle de Bravo
- Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Union Territory of Daman and Diu
- Velika Kladusa
Badges & Stats in Lençóis
- 2 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Lençóis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lençóis
Photos in LençóisSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 109 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 70 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 92 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 52 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 49 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 52 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 44 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues