"Opera Garnier" Paris Travelogue by ExGuyParis
Paris Travel Guide: 22,668 reviews and 55,806 photos
Spectacular details on a ceiling.
This sculpture cause quite a scandal when it was unveiled. The people looked too much like real people, they were naked, and they looked like they were having fun! The current version, at the entrance to the opera, is a reproduction. The original is in the Musée d'Orsay.
Those who remember the Opera as a dark, dirty building would be amazed to see the results of the recent restoration. Everything shines and sparkles.
So much gilt. This happy devil inhabits an area that serves refreshments during intermission. He has a number of "gilty" friends that surround him.
- See All Generally Good
- See All See Paris from Galeries Lafayette
- See All A Shrine to the Glories of France
- See All Hallowed Hall
- See All Oh Well...
- Mastering the Métro
ExGuyParis' Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 90 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 180 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 90 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Villanova Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chapet Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Cherry Hill Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue