"Houston area: ship channel, NW countryside, oil" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Travelogue by XenoHumph
Houston Travel Guide: 1,263 reviews and 2,167 photos
View of the Houston ship channel from the top of the San Jacinto Monument.
View from the top of the San Jacinto Monument.
Petrochemical plants of Houston seen from the top of the San jacinto Monument.
Cargo along the ship channel, Morgan's Point, E-SE Houston.
Along freeway I-45, South of Houston, old oil drilling towers now support advertisement pannels.
And yes! There are still lots of happily pumping oil wells in the Houston area (here, East of Galveston Bay, near High Island)!!
The famous XenoHumph is posing for scale.
The famous wild flower season of Texas! End of march-early April. here, Navasota area, NW of Houston.
Landscape NW of Houston, near Navasota.
More Travelogues (4)
Written Jul 17, 2004
Pictures of Houston
Written Aug 3, 2004
Area S of Houston: Galveston Bay, Gulf of Mexico
Written Jul 19, 2004
Houston oddities: Hurricane humor, Moon rocks, ...
Written Nov 15, 2006
I-45 like you have never seen it!!
- See All Fancy Mexican on Westheimer
- See All Haak Winery, South of Houston
- See All Go for the butterflies @ the M. of...
- See All Map of Houston: Caption by Alphabetical...
- See All Farmers Markets are coming to Houston!!!
- See All The Revitalization of Downtown Houston
- See All The new Tramway line
- See All Dangerous areas of Houston
- Houston Theater District
- See All Hotel with great view in Clear Lake
- See All Minute Maid Park
- See All Kemah Boardwalk: expensive and nothing...
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Houston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
- "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
- "Home, Home on the Range"
- "Hidden Huston"
- "Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"
- "Houston, Texas"
- "4th Largest City in the USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Transportation in Houston
- Nightlife in Houston
- Restaurants in Houston
- Shopping in Houston
- Warnings and Dangers in Houston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houston
- 101 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 100 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houston
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Re: over 50yo warnings and tips?"
- Commented on one of XenoHumph's Houston travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fancy Mexican on Westheimer in Houston Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fancy Mexican on Westheimer"
- updated a Houston Travel Page "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
Photos in HoustonSee All Photos (156)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos