"Meeting Stephanie in Auckland." Personal Page by kiwi
eMom, Stephanie, from VT office made a fleeting visit to town and we couldn't let her do that without at least a small gathering.
Across the back is Gerry, Ken (Cabernetman), Glenn (worldkiwi); in the middle Pam (kiwi); in front Rhianon (kiwigal_1), Steph (stephanie) and Audrey (morepork - kiwi's mum!).
Just a small group, but that is often nice as we all talked a lot, could hear each other easily and the whole scene was very pleasant. We joked that often in a restaurant the VT table is the loudest and talking the most, and an observer would think we were old friends. However so often we have just met and known each other for merely 5 mins or so. There seems to be something about VirtualTourist.com that we are beyond the usual barriers of first meeting, and we seem to cut to the chase and get to the "relaxed" mode right away. It's uncanny and lovely!!
Sorry my camera decided to be silly right when I needed it so this photo is very blurry! Promise the camera hadn't been drinking, :-)
Me with my Mum, member Morepork.
A nice size group, seven of us. I'm taking the photo! Not too big that we couldn't all talk with each other. And of course the topic of conversation was often the view.
Here is part of the view from the revolving restaurant, with the sun shining on Westhaven Marina, and you can see the Auckland Harbour Bridge. This photo is looking north showing the harbour reaches.
Here's a nice view of the Auckland Skytower. We met up at the wide point, in the revolving Orbit Restaurant. Very nice!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 751 Reviews
- 3,158 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 111 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
- Commented on Ekahau's profile page
- Wrote a Review Direct Bus to Auckland International Airport in Hamilton Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Direct Bus to Auckland International Airport"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Enlarge p. p.pics."
- kiwi and paddington28 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Lie on your back and watch the clouds!!"
- updated a New Zealand Travel Page "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- Commented on the Sign of the Kiwi, Christchurch travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to New Zealand
VideosSee All Videos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 119 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues