"Meeting Stephanie in Auckland." Personal Page by kiwi
eMom, Stephanie, from VT office made a fleeting visit to town and we couldn't let her do that without at least a small gathering.
Across the back is Gerry, Ken (Cabernetman), Glenn (worldkiwi); in the middle Pam (kiwi); in front Rhianon (kiwigal_1), Steph (stephanie) and Audrey (morepork - kiwi's mum!).
Just a small group, but that is often nice as we all talked a lot, could hear each other easily and the whole scene was very pleasant. We joked that often in a restaurant the VT table is the loudest and talking the most, and an observer would think we were old friends. However so often we have just met and known each other for merely 5 mins or so. There seems to be something about VirtualTourist.com that we are beyond the usual barriers of first meeting, and we seem to cut to the chase and get to the "relaxed" mode right away. It's uncanny and lovely!!
Sorry my camera decided to be silly right when I needed it so this photo is very blurry! Promise the camera hadn't been drinking, :-)
Me with my Mum, member Morepork.
A nice size group, seven of us. I'm taking the photo! Not too big that we couldn't all talk with each other. And of course the topic of conversation was often the view.
Here is part of the view from the revolving restaurant, with the sun shining on Westhaven Marina, and you can see the Auckland Harbour Bridge. This photo is looking north showing the harbour reaches.
Here's a nice view of the Auckland Skytower. We met up at the wide point, in the revolving Orbit Restaurant. Very nice!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 756 Reviews
- 3,060 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 108 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Time lapse"
- Commented on kiwi's profile page
- kiwi and Treshi are now friends.
- updated a Crater Lake National Park Travel Page "Crater Lake in the National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crater Lake in the National Park"
- Wrote a Review Taste of France Downunder in Queenstown Restaurants
- Commented on the Secret Harbour Beach Resort Villas, Saint Thomas travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Lie on your back and watch the clouds!!"
- Uploaded a Video to New Zealand
VideosSee All Videos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos