"VT Meeting 7-9th March 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Travelogue by SirRichard
Valencia Travel Guide: 1,295 reviews and 3,425 photos
From left to right, up to down:
Beach_dog (Stacy), Inese (Amelia's friend), phred (Russ), el_holandes (Jose), yumyum (Sonja), Dila (Diana), SirRichard (Joaquin), Carmela71 (Carmen), PGiner (Pilar), jinwenwang (Vivien), Charade (Sonia), Suzanne (Pilar's friend), Kunisada (Beatriz), Amelia40 (Amelia) and Petit_Prince (Daniel)
Davidlop (David) was making the pic (thanx, David)
On saturday morning a few of us went to a typical "horchata" place, where we had horchata, liquid chocolate, churros and "buñuelos".
At 14:00 we met the other part of the group, who had been out last night and, obviously, woke up a bit later. We watched (hear I'd say) a "mascleta", 20 minutes of reeeeeally noisy fireworks in the Town Hall Square.
For lunch we all went to "La Piula", a nice typical restaurant where we had some "raciones" (croquetas, allipebre, pantumaca...) and a WIDE SELECTION OF PAELLAS (rice dish). They prepared 6 kinds of paellas and we tasted each one of them. For desser, strawberries with orange juice.
After lunch we went to the Natural park of L'Albufera, a sweet water lake near the coast, where you can see birds and admire the landscapes.
We took a boat trip around with a guide who explaines technical details and Pilar who translated it all (thanx, Pilar!)
For dinner we went to "La Pitanza", a restaurant in El Carmen quartier, near Plaza del Tossal.
There we had a wide range of raciones and drinks.
On sunday we woke up late after a crazy night and visited the aquarium "L'Oceanografic" in the new complex named "Arts & Science City" in the old bed of the river.
You need at least 4 hours to see the wide variety of fishes and marine ecosystems, housed in various buildings and lakes around, like a theme park.
We ended the sunday at Alboraya, a little village outside Valencia where they have the best HORCHATA (a white drink made out of a little nut called "chufa") in town.
Time for farewells and goodbyes...
- See All From the airport to the Train station
- Be careful with independent ticket...
- See All Colegio de San Pio V
- See All La Marcelina
- See All Museu de les Ciences
- See All Light fountains at the Palau
- See All Melia Valencia Palace
SirRichard's Related Pages
Valencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT"
- "Fireworks, oranges & light"
- " Something old , something new , ..."
- "Valencia - a winter escape"
- "Las Fallas 2008!!"
- "Celebrations in Valencia!"
- "Visiting Valencia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valencia
- Hotels in Valencia
- Transportation in Valencia
- Nightlife in Valencia
- Restaurants in Valencia
- Shopping in Valencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Valencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valencia
- 52 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Valencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valencia
- Posted in Travel Jerez de la Frontera Forum "Re: Walking around Jerez"
- Commented on one of magdalena2007's Valencia travel pages
- Wrote a Review From the airport to the Train station in Valencia Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "From the airport to the Train station"
- updated a Valencia Travelogue "VT Meeting 7-9th March 2003"
Photos in ValenciaSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues