"Talenquera Beach Resort - 1" Juan Dolio Travelogue by bellagio
Juan Dolio Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 77 photos
The Talenquera Beach Resort is about 1 and half hours drive away from La Romana airport and is on the caribbean south coast of the island close to the small town of Juan Dolio. As you unload from the coach on arrival you see this sign - little did I realise that 3 star in this instance was a gross exaggeration of its status.
This was my first view of the building which housed my room - No. 256 in building 2 - which was to be my home for the next two weeks. I felt disappointment when I checked in at the lobby (which was dark and uninviting), but this resembled a prison block!!!!
This building was three stories high and my room was located on the third floor. As you can see, on this and other photos, there is far too much greenery around making the place rather dismal and dull. My room is the second one in from the left on the top floor.
This is the best view from my balcony looking out over one of the pools.
Once again too much vegetation for my liking.
Another balcony view showing the Internet room which had 8 state-of-the-art flat screen monitors with high speed internet access at a cost of $2 for half an hour or $3 for an hour.
Here you can see the balconies of the adjoining rooms. I'm sure you will agree they don't look very attractive.
This is the Cocolo restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner (all buffet) meals were served. You had an option to eat once during your stay at the French restaurant and you could also book the Italian (certain meals at these restaurants carried a supplemental charge). Lunch could also be taken in a small restaurant by the beach. Midnight snacks were also available from here after 11pm.
bellagio's Related Pages
Juan Dolio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Juan Dolio - Restaurant Aura"
- "At the Juan Dolio beach"
- "Beautiful Country"
- "Talenquera Beach Resort"
- "JUAN DOLIO - A Cheap Sleep Beach Town !"
- "'Partying is such sweet sorrow'."
- See All...
- Hotels in Juan Dolio
- Transportation in Juan Dolio
- Restaurants in Juan Dolio
- Warnings and Dangers in Juan Dolio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Juan Dolio
- 0 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Juan Dolio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juan Dolio
Photos in Juan DolioSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 6 travelogues
- Acapulco Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Juan Dolio Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Falmouth Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bayahibe Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamilton Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Juan Dolio hotel reviews
- Barcelo Capella Beach Resort
- 627 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Costa Caribe Coral Beach Hotel & Casino
- 847 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Hotel Decameron
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2006
- Embassy Suites Hotel at Los Marlins Grand Resort
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Plaza Real Resort
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Coop Marena Beach Resort
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2012
- Playa Real Beach Resort
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2011
- Ocean Arc Decameron Beach And Casino Resort All Inclusive
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013