"Talenquera Beach Resort - 1" Juan Dolio Travelogue by bellagio

Juan Dolio Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 77 photos

Hotel and grounds

The Talenquera Beach Resort is about 1 and half hours drive away from La Romana airport and is on the caribbean south coast of the island close to the small town of Juan Dolio. As you unload from the coach on arrival you see this sign - little did I realise that 3 star in this instance was a gross exaggeration of its status.

This was my first view of the building which housed my room - No. 256 in building 2 - which was to be my home for the next two weeks. I felt disappointment when I checked in at the lobby (which was dark and uninviting), but this resembled a prison block!!!!

This building was three stories high and my room was located on the third floor. As you can see, on this and other photos, there is far too much greenery around making the place rather dismal and dull. My room is the second one in from the left on the top floor.

This is the best view from my balcony looking out over one of the pools.

Once again too much vegetation for my liking.

Another balcony view showing the Internet room which had 8 state-of-the-art flat screen monitors with high speed internet access at a cost of $2 for half an hour or $3 for an hour.

Here you can see the balconies of the adjoining rooms. I'm sure you will agree they don't look very attractive.

This is the Cocolo restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner (all buffet) meals were served. You had an option to eat once during your stay at the French restaurant and you could also book the Italian (certain meals at these restaurants carried a supplemental charge). Lunch could also be taken in a small restaurant by the beach. Midnight snacks were also available from here after 11pm.

• Page Updated Feb 1, 2004

Comments

bellagio

“You only live once”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Juan Dolio

Have you been to Juan Dolio?

Latest Activity in Juan Dolio