"The stained glass of the St Jan Church 1" Gouda Travelogue by TheDunno
Gouda Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 437 photos
Officially you are not allowed to take pictures inside the church. If you come at a quiet time and dont use flash too much its not very likely someone will bother you about it.
The St Jan isn't very impressive from, the outside, although its huge. Its treasure is on the inside.
One of the many (around71) stained glass windows. This one portraits a battle.
A small detail of one of the windows; the city weapons.
Maybe someone interested in history can tell me which king this is?
Gazing up one of the giant windows
Another interesting scene. A crowd is burnbing a pig and angels are blowing on horns out of the smoke.
Another look at the interior
Another detail. very colourfull
More Travelogues (1)
TheDunno's Related Pages
Gouda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gouda - Lovely Dutch city!"
- "A trip to Gouda"
- "Say Cheeeeese"
- "close by for a day out"
- "Gouda: a town full of suprises"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gouda
- Hotels in Gouda
- Transportation in Gouda
- Restaurants in Gouda
- Shopping in Gouda
- Warnings and Dangers in Gouda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gouda
- 6 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gouda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gouda
- Posted in Travel Shanghai Forum "RE: China Trip"
- updated a Gouda Travelogue "The stained glass of the St Jan Church part 2"
- Commented on one of manuelEB's Gouda travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The stained glass of the St Jan Church part 2"
- Wrote a Review The stained glass of the St Jan Church in Gouda Things to Do
Top 5 Pages
- Gouda Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinderdijk Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moordrecht Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oudewater Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Leiden Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Gouda hotel reviews
- Hotel De Keizerskroon
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013