"Amsterdam Meeting feb 22 2003" Amsterdam Travelogue by Igraine
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,706 reviews and 22,718 photos
We felt our stomachs rumbling when we reached the Nieuwmarket. Time to get some lunch. There was a little market going on with a bread stall (birdy seads bread for Nighthawk and Cuckoo).
On the Nieuwmarkt, the Waag. It has served for many purposes over the years.
Skipper waiting for his "kibbeling". Kibbeling is pieces of fried cod with sauce, most times garlic sauce. It was yummie!! And for dessert, raw herring with onions, a real dutch treat.
Our Volendammer "visboer". An excellent man, served generous portions.
After lunch it was time to go back to the canals again. We were on our way to hotel of Skipper and Cuckoo to dump some stuff.
One example of many fine facades along the canals. The stone in the center gave this house (and all other houses) its name.
It was crowded along the canals. We were not the only one enjoying the good weather and all the sights.
Time to buy some cards. Inside this alley is a secondhand bookshop. They also sell some cards so we bought them to send to other VT members who unfortunately couldnt attend. Cards are the way!
- See All After dinner drinks
- See All Public Library
- See All De Eetkamer Part DEUX
- See All Camping/ outdoor stuff
- Radisson Sas
Igraine's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 27 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 202 Forum posts
- 89 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Middenbeemster Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues