"VT-meeting February 22 2003 Part1" Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Travelogue by pieter_jan_v

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,245 reviews and 21,479 photos

Let's go to ..................

Here I am in discussion with organizer Ingrid about where to go. Catherine and Danny are still lost (after waking up at 2AM and flying over!)

The Organizer

Ingrid, thanks for this great day. Meeting location was perfect. The weather co-operated; bright and sunny! I explored a new part of my city of birth.

All the way from Chicago

Citylover666
M.I.B.
dila
Martin_nl

A week before this meeting I invited Baton_West and Baton_east to join.
Baton_East just had passed us and was on her way to Munich the day before. Baton_West was parting in Hong Kong. He was handed over to Joyce_HK two days before.

Nighthawk

This meeting was taken it's toll. The first one who had to lay down was Nighthawk. It turned out she wanted to make better pictures than her brother does (She has the better camera too!).

On our way through the Amsterdam Center we lost Skipper after we stopped at the hotel. Getting up at 2AM took the toll.

Lateron Citylover666 quit after a visit to a bar (and we were just half way down!)

Amsterdammertje

AC_spotter turned out to be the strongest member in our party. With 1 finger only he bends a cast-iron "Amsterdammertje". These poles prevends illegal parking.

Selecting postcards

ATLC is seen here selecting postcards. Requests had been coming in and we spend some writing to other members.

dila joining the group

Around 5PM dila joined our group. She is a tram driver and she had to work earlier. If you have any question about Amsterdam public transport, dila is the right person.

Martin_nl joining the group

Another hard worker. Martin worked at the Krasnapolsky Hotel from 11AM till 7PM, but rushed to the restaurant where we had dinner.

Goto Part 2 - Spots visited

• Page Updated Jan 14, 2004

Comments

pieter_jan_v

“Are you ready boots? Start Walking (from These Boots Are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra)”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

• 1,574 Photos
  • 3,748 Forum posts

Have you been to Amsterdam?