"VT-meeting February 22 2003 Part1" Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Travelogue by pieter_jan_v
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,429 reviews and 21,944 photos
Here I am in discussion with organizer Ingrid about where to go. Catherine and Danny are still lost (after waking up at 2AM and flying over!)
Ingrid, thanks for this great day. Meeting location was perfect. The weather co-operated; bright and sunny! I explored a new part of my city of birth.
ATLC and her son RubenE
pieter_jan_v, my wife Swanèt and my son AC_spotter
Cuckoo and her husband Skipper
A week before this meeting I invited Baton_West and Baton_east to join.
Baton_East just had passed us and was on her way to Munich the day before. Baton_West was parting in Hong Kong. He was handed over to Joyce_HK two days before.
This meeting was taken it's toll. The first one who had to lay down was Nighthawk. It turned out she wanted to make better pictures than her brother does (She has the better camera too!).
On our way through the Amsterdam Center we lost Skipper after we stopped at the hotel. Getting up at 2AM took the toll.
Lateron Citylover666 quit after a visit to a bar (and we were just half way down!)
AC_spotter turned out to be the strongest member in our party. With 1 finger only he bends a cast-iron "Amsterdammertje". These poles prevends illegal parking.
ATLC is seen here selecting postcards. Requests had been coming in and we spend some writing to other members.
Around 5PM dila joined our group. She is a tram driver and she had to work earlier. If you have any question about Amsterdam public transport, dila is the right person.
- See All The four seasons in one street
- See All Old brown café
- See All Piano playing at the Central Station
- See All Sleeping in a dockyard crane
- See All Levend Paarden Museum
- See All Night buses and buses to/from Schiphol
- See All Former cinema; now house club
- See All Merchandise with a WOW factor
- See All Swimming - De Mirandabad
- See All Vintage VouDou Records
- See All Do not drink canal water
- See All Floating trap
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 539 Reviews
- 1,666 Photos
- 3,866 Forum posts
- 172 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (272)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: VT under attack? "
- updated a Amsterdam Travelogue "Amsterdam reflected on Record Covers; Part 5"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amsterdam reflected on Record Covers; Part 5"
- Wrote a Review The four seasons in one street about Architecture in Amsterdam Favorites
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Amsterdam tips
- Commented on the Driving & Parking, Amsterdam travel guide
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (1666)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 539 reviews, 1663 photos, 35 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 186 reviews, 488 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues