"ICW Trip 2001 Leg 10, Oriental to Swansboro" Swansboro Travelogue by grandmaR
Swansboro Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 47 photos
YANKEE COWBOY got underway at 5:30 am (waking everyone up), but we waited until 6.
We were going to Beaufort NC, but decided to skip that (several people said it was overpriced, and indeed all the marinas were very expensive), and so we went on to Swansboro and stayed at Dudleys. We got fuel here too. Just as we went under the bridge before Swansboro, we saw a boat named ROSALIE anchored and fishing.
Suddenly Linda and Rob from the CSY 33 BEAU turned up on the dock. They were anchored, and saw us come in. Max and Lucette walked back to town with them and shopped. We got a ride in (provided by the marina) and met them all for a meal at Captain Charlie's.
We had a sports fisher behind us on E dock and a dredge in front of us and some white pipes just downriver from where we were so we couldn't just head out. But the sports fishermen left as soon as they could see the marks, and Bob insisted on getting away right afterward -- at 6 just at sunrise.
BEAU was still anchored when we pulled out.
But they caught up to us by the time we were going through the Surf City Swing Bridge.
BEAU was the last boat through the bridge as it was swinging shut. The bridge tender?s house is on the shore side instead of in the middle of this bridge as some of them are.
There are fishermen with little skiffs like this shrimping (casting nets) in the sounds and rivers. We can hear the shrimp clicking through the hull at night.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Swansboro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swansboro - ICW Fishing Boats and not Swans"
- "Dan_Clark's new Swansboro Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Swansboro
- 5 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Swansboro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swansboro
Photos in SwansboroSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues