"2002 Trip Part 8c -Nick's House in Coral Harbour" Coral Harbour Travelogue by grandmaR
Coral Harbour Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 12 photos
We landed in Nassau and Nick picked us up at the airport and took us to his house. We opened the
boat up and put away our clothes etc. We saw another CSY coming down the canal and waved.
The next day, after another boat came in, Nick took us to the market, where we got produce and meat, and took a taxi back. Nick's office and fax is on the lower level, and also a shower should we not want to use the one on the boat (costs an extra $3). Nick let me use his fax to get the hospital bill, and also get email on his computer.
We had drinks up on Nick's balcony (we had grapefruit juice, they had coffee) after we put away the groceries.
Nick and Caroline not only do BASRA fund raising, but also run the BASRA weather net on the single side band, and Caroline also does the Bahamas cruiser's ham net. She has a very distinctive radio voice. Nick and Caroline are both English ex-pats.
The people from the other boat were flying out the next morning.
Photo shows boats rafted together from the balcony. Nick and Caroline are the SSCA reps for the island.
Thursday, Nick drove us in to the cruiser's lunch at Crocodiles. (see Nassau narrative)
Friday, we also went in while Nick went to the store to deliver a package that he forgot the first time. Saw a Bahamas Woodstar (hummingbird) resting on a twig in the garden, and tried to get a photo (see top photo).
Bob wanted to leave Sat, but we convinced him that the weather would be better on Sunday - that it was too windy Saturday. This photo was taken Sunday
grandmaR's Related Pages
Coral Harbour Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coral Harbour
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Coral Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coral Harbour
Photos in Coral HarbourSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues