"Lar Carolina - an orphanage near Sao Paulo" Brazil Travelogue by tini58de
Brazil Travel Guide: 12,964 reviews and 31,453 photos
PP, his brothers and about 60 other children live in this orphanage near Sao Paulo.
The orphanage is dedicated to not only provide for the basic needs of the children but to also ensure their education while striving to provide them with the love and care of a close-knit family. Besides this it is the goal to provide them with professional training so that they will have a good foundation for a life on their own two feet.
Even though the orphanage is fully registered as a non-profit home and complies with all child welfare and other laws, it does not receive any financial support from the government. Lar Carolina is solely supported by private citizens and corporations.
However, the monthly expenses still cannot be covered from regular supporters which means that the future of Lar Carolina is still very uncertain
The orphanage is supported through donations (of basic needs items) from individuals and local companies. However, all this good will and help is still not sufficient to resolve the constant financial shortcomings which threaten the continued existence of the orphanage. This situation can only be resolved through regular financial support to cover all monthly expenses.
There is a possibility to support this orphanage on a regular basis. If you wish you can get in touch with one of the children there, write (and receive) letters or drawings from him or her, send presents and get information on what is going on in the orphanage.
A few sponsors have already visited the orphanage personally and brought back reports of a very caring surrounding and a staff that does more than possible to support these kids.
And they brought back tons of pictures of kids leading a life, that they could not have lived without this dedication!
in 2004 the orphanage was closed due to some irregularities, that could have meant harm to the children living there.
As soon as this was detected, the leaders worked hard to find a quick solution - and started another orphanage!
For more information on this new orphanage, please do have a look at my next travellogue!
More Travelogues (2)
Written Apr 17, 2006
Meu Direito de Crescer - a new home and new hope!
Written Dec 26, 2006
Children of the World
- See All Places of interest
- See All Support the orphanage
- See All Iguacu Falls
- Copacabana by night
tini58de's Related Pages
Brazil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brasil energetico!!!"
- "Mangueirense's Brazil Page"
- ":: Brasil ::"
- "THE MILLION TREASURES OF MY COUNTRY.."
- "The land of beautiful people."
- "Brazil with "s""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brazil
- Hotels in Brazil
- Transportation in Brazil
- Nightlife in Brazil
- Restaurants in Brazil
- Shopping in Brazil
- Warnings and Dangers in Brazil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brazil
- 13 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Brazil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brazil
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues