"My first individual trip" Poland Travelogue by TheaIren
Poland Travel Guide: 17,127 reviews and 45,446 photos
As You can see from title I was in Vilnius also but You can read about that in Vilnius page ( sorry ! under construction right now - come back later :) )
Maybe You can learn from my experiences...
We started our trip from Vilnius to Warssawa quit early and choosed from timetable a bus which was suitable for us because of it's departure time. We did'nt actually asked if it is a direct bus from Vilnius to Warssawa or if it's going to stop in somewhere else too. It did.
The driver had a lot of free time, because he did one hour break somewhere, to have a soup near one bar ...We wanted to be in Warssawa as quickly as possible but what to do...We had to take time out.
It was around 8PM when we finally got to Warsawa and started to search our youth hostel what we have chosen but despite of looking carefully our map we took a wrong direction. It was dark and the area of the town didn'nt looked also very safe ( we were warned also by In Your Pocket magazine ). So, in the end we were afraid our own shadows and we were lost in foreign city. We found a street sign from one corner house but no such a street in our map...Fortunately one only and right decision was to go back to bus station from where we started....Hehee !
Now we took a right direction and after that we succeeded to follow the map and found our hostel too, after one hour walking....it is a large city ! Unfortunately my shoes were not so comfortable fo such a walk and I found few blisters in my digit :P .
After such a tiresome day we sleeped like a bears in wintersleep despite of group of screaming children group in next room. We were lucky, because we got our beds in dormitory for nine persons but we were the only ones in that room .
Next day we took our rucksacks, planning to store them in railway station and then to go and explore the city. Railway station was easy to find and one storeroom happened to be right there also.
Later on walking through Warsaw Centralna railway station- we found it as a big underground labyrinth. There were also a lot of tunnels starting from station and leading to bigger streets near by.
TheaIren's Related Pages
Poland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paul's Poland Page"
- "Between East and West .... in central Europe"
- "Sharrie's Poland Life-force"
- "Countless reasons to Fall in Love...."
- "Republic of Poland"
- "Poland - I wouldn't like to live somewhere else"
- "Why don't you come to Poland?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poland
- Hotels in Poland
- Transportation in Poland
- Nightlife in Poland
- Restaurants in Poland
- Shopping in Poland
- Warnings and Dangers in Poland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poland
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Poland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poland
Top 10 Pages
- Estonia Intro, 25 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mallow Intro, 15 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Caher Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manilaid Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavtat Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos
- Nantes Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Vormsi Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Haanja Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Killaloe Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Poland hotels
- Krakow Hotels
- 4410 Reviews - 10231 Photos
- Warsaw Hotels
- 2968 Reviews - 7170 Photos
- Wroclaw Hotels
- 808 Reviews - 2124 Photos
- Gdansk Hotels
- 1160 Reviews - 3502 Photos
- Rzeszow Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Szczecin Hotels
- 304 Reviews - 1138 Photos
- Lodz Hotels
- 142 Reviews - 463 Photos
- Lublin Hotels
- 185 Reviews - 450 Photos
- Zakopane Hotels
- 354 Reviews - 846 Photos
- Sopot Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 387 Photos
- Opole Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Katowice Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Poznan Hotels
- 344 Reviews - 921 Photos
- Jelenia Gora Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Bialystok Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 188 Photos