"2002 Oyster Festival with some 2001 photos" Leonardtown Travelogue by grandmaR
Leonardtown Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 293 photos
Food - includes: raw oysters (eat there or to go), scalded oysters, fried oysters, oyster shooters, in shell to go, fried oyster cup, popcorn shrimp, steamed shrimp, crab soup, seafood chowder, fried clam strips, crab cake sandwiches, soft crab sandwiches, fried fish sandwiches, corn dogs, hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, barbecued chicken, pulled beef and pork, and ribs, stuffed ham sandwiches, Italian sausage sandwiches, chicken tenders, butterfly chips, boardwalk fries, cheese sticks, onion rings, pretzels, ice cream, funnel cakes, carmel apples, baked goods, popcorn, soda, cider, and beer.
People at the table in the picture include one daughter, 2 granddaughters, one son-in-law, his mother and one grandson
Entrance. Adults $6 each, children under 13 free. Cookoff begins at 9:00 am on Saturday.
In 2002, my #2 daughter, her two children and her husband flew up from Miami and #3 daughter and her two children, husband and in-laws were also here.
Youngest granddaughter and her mom (daughter #3 who is an American Horse Show Association registered judge). Pony rides 11 am to 5 pm. The pony is being led by a third person.
The pony rides are something that the younger grandchildren always want to do.
#3 daughter and her son at the kiddie rides in 2001. There are regular rides (visible in the back) and kiddie rides. All rides are paid for in advance, and cost a certain number of tickets.
Granddaughter (daughter of daughter #2) on one of the kiddie rides in 2001. The little boy in the back is expressing distress, but my granddaughter is unimpressed.
Next youngest granddaughter (same child as above a year later) has her face painted at Kid's Korner (available from 12:30-5 pm). Face painting is another fun thing for the grandchildren to do.
Shucking contests - preliminary heats start Sat Oct 19 (women, men, pro and amateur) at 3:30 pm. Final Heats Sunday at 3:00 pm. The National Title- women's champ vs. men's champ at 4:00 pm on Sunday./
This is the picture of the men's preliminaries from 1997 when #2 daughter and her husband and their best man from their wedding and his new wife also came up from Miami. The two guys entered the contest.
- See All Curly Cheese Fries
- See All Less Relaxing
- See All Dock and Kayak Rental
- See All Owned by Local Artists
grandmaR's Related Pages
Leonardtown Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Leonardtown
- Hotels in Leonardtown
- Transportation in Leonardtown
- Restaurants in Leonardtown
- Shopping in Leonardtown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leonardtown
- 48 Reviews
- 264 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Leonardtown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leonardtown
Photos in LeonardtownSee All Photos (264)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues