"VT friends we met" Personal Page by tompt
We met Angie near her home in the north of Connecticut. We had a great time at a meeting she organised in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.
Thanks Angie for a great memory.
We were so lucky to meet Yuichi in Tokyo on Toms´ birthday in 2001. He took us to a sushi restaurant in Tokyo. And what a wonderfull evening we had!
Thank you Yuichi!
In 2003 we went to Tokyo again and Yuichi made some
time for us. He and his friend Yuko showed us some
unknown and some new parts of Tokyo. After that we
had a delicious dinner in a tempura restaurant.
In may 2004 Yuichi got married to Junko, and they came to Amsterdam on their honeymoon.
We had a delicious dinner together and did a short walk through Amsterdam by night.
We already knew Filip before we knew of VT. He actually introduced us to VT.....
Thank you for that Filip, and thank you for the great trips we made together!
The first time we met this two real nice belgians was at the Antwerp meeting they organised in december 2002. Then we saw them again at the pubcrawl in honor of Dannies birthday.
And in may 2003 they made it to Noordeinde. We did a tour of the neighbourhood, the windmills in Aarlanderveen and the Archeon Alphen a/d Rijn. And the next day we went canoeing at the Nieuwkoopse Plassen.
All the details and pics of this great weekend will eventually be on our pages......
Thanks Rudy and Dannie for making us realise we live in this great neighbourhood.
Why do we travel so much ???
It is october 2003, Angie moved down to Louisiana to live with her husband Paul. We were lucky enough to visit them.
We had a great weekend. Kissing alligators, eating and drinking in New Orleans, are just a few of the great things we did.
The full story at our Louisiana page.
In october 2003 we also had the honor to meet Lucille and her daughter. We already met Lucille in june 2002 at the Massachusetts meeting, and were happy to see her again.
For some strange reason we didn´t take a picture with the 4 of us. More about this meeting at our New Jersey page.
Altough Lucille was deleted from VT she and Sarah will remain our friends! We had never any bad moments with her and think she is a very nice and honest person.
Sadly Lucille passed away on the 22nd of April 2008. She suffered from breastcancer. We wish het daughter Sarah and her husband Mustafa all the strenght they will need in this difficult times.
It was June 2002 when our first attempt to meet Sharrie failed. We were at the airport in Boston, and so was she, but we were waiting in the wrong terminal..... Not having eachothers phonenumbers we went to find a hotel as Sharrie took her connecting flight.
In 2003 we were trying to meet in Japan, but the SARS epidemic in the area caused her to cancel her flight.
In 2004 she was at Schiphol airport, but we were not in the country.
And finally in may 2005, three years after our first appointment we finally met. Sharrie had a six hour layover at Schiphol, so we drove to the airport and picked her up. We went to see the windmills at the Zaanse Schans.
When all goes well we might be able to see her again in two weeks, when she is visiting Belgium!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,523 Reviews
- 8,635 Photos
- 38 Countries
- 88 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amstel Gold Race"
- Commented on eden_teuling's profile page
- tompt and CaucasianChallengeVT are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Utrecht Forum "Re: Utrecht op Zondag"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to our world"
- Wrote a Review Be surprised by the chef in Valkenburg Restaurants
- updated a Valkenburg Travel Page "Xmas and more in Valkenburg"
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Lucia Estuary
VideosSee All Videos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 39 reviews, 270 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 100 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 39 reviews, 243 photos, 13 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 104 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 84 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 8 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 168 photos, 11 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 162 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos