"two guides and a new friend..." Antwerp Travelogue by pollon
Antwerp Travel Guide: 2,892 reviews and 7,155 photos
aadil, a new friend, danielle alias irisbe and a gorgeous guide, helga, my lovely host and me taking the pic:-P in the tapas bar but this is the end of the day, let's start from the beginning...
already sitting and I would have been probably more if I had known how much we would have strolled about...
lol... just kidding: I had two more than great guides and I would have liked to have more time to see more, only here we were having a drink at the Het Elfde Gebod as danielle had had a long morning in the office from where she arrived and needed something to drink! especially counting all what she explained to me about the architecture, the history, the stories of her town...
sitting again, this time for lunch at the t Brantyser and maybe you were right danielle to say all that rochefort of my salad is a little bit stronge but as helga said it gives taste to a salad and and I have enjoyed my choice eaten in such a gorgeous company...
the hand in the foreground of this pic is not a mistake, it has a story: we were strolling, chatting, laughing, here we were in a side little charming lane and... I was pointing my camera on danielle when helga tried to jump in the pic from a side, the hand is infact hers, danielle immediately made fun of this and doing it, tripped over a table almost falling... lol... must be quicker next time to catch the whole sequence of things...
trying to tell danielle it was the end of the escalator but she did NOT fall this time either, only frightened two young men on the next escalator: making fun of her almost tumble while on the next escalator, she said that in case this time she would have landed on something soft, meaning the two young after us, you should have seen the look of the two listening only this part and not what had happened earlier...
well I cannot totally blame the look of the those two young watching this pic... and a warning: never put together these three female VTers :-P... but this old escalator which brings to the tunnel connecting the two part of the town separated by a river is really worth going up and down, better if with these two gals...
here we were sitting at the table of our dinner at the Tapa Bar and aadil had arrived and joined us: a very, very short meeting but he was a really nice presence!
aadil's train had arrived on time but the metro had made he and danielle wait and also at the restaurant, which kindly had waited for us to be all and happy to serve helga and me aperitives in the meantime, took its time to bring all courses and my train didn't wait: I took the next one to Oostende but this is another story... let me first say, but words seem not enough, how much I have enjoyed the time with you three standing now out of my train and all we waving our paper (lol..) handkerchieves...
More Travelogues (1)
pollon's Related Pages
Antwerp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Drink the Elixir!"
- "Antwerp and area, viewed through the camera"
- "The biggest city of Flanders"
- "Pampered in Antwerp and a Bangelijke meeting :)"
- "'t Stad: My Antwerp"
- "More impressions of Antwerp"
- "VT meetings and pubcrawls in Antwerp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antwerp
- Hotels in Antwerp
- Transportation in Antwerp
- Nightlife in Antwerp
- Restaurants in Antwerp
- Shopping in Antwerp
- Warnings and Dangers in Antwerp
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Antwerp
- 1 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Antwerp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antwerp
- Posted in Travel Taormina Forum "Re: Chandelier shop"
- Commented on one of irisbe's Antwerp travel pages
- Wrote a Review running to the station... about Bus, tram, metro in Antwerp Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "running to the station..."
- created a Antwerp Travelogue "two guides and a new friend..."
Photos in AntwerpSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Bristol Intro, 44 reviews, 186 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 44 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Birmingham Intro, 9 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 16 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambridgeshire Intro, 28 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- San José Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 1 review, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Antwerp hotel reviews
- Plaza Hotel Antwerp
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2011
- Hotel Florida
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Antwerp Diamond Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 10, 2013
- Radisson Blu Park Lane Hotel Antwerp
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Arass Suite Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Mabuhay Lodgings, Guestroom and Furnished Studio
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Ramada Plaza Antwerp
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Boomerang Hostel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Park Inn by Radisson Antwerpen
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hilton Antwerp
- 472 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Golden Tulip Antwerp Centre
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel-Pension Granducale
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2012
- De Witte Lelie
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Leonardo Florida Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion