"Beijing's Children" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Travelogue by nepalgoods
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,559 reviews and 16,624 photos
This kind of children's carriage you almost don't find anymore in Beijing. It is made of bamboo.
Grandparents are very important in China. Both parents usually go to work. They leave their child with the grandparents and see it mainly on the weekends
As in China people are allowed to have only one child, this only child is spoiled rotten. This causes many problems today. But it is very important to cut down the rate of population growth.
An old tradition says, that only a son can do the right rituals, so that the parents come into heaven. Even nowadays it is very important for Chinese people to have a son.
It is surprising to see, that little girls in Beijing play the same game as I did, when I was a little child. In Germany we call this game "Gummitwist". Two girls are holding a rubberband between them, and the other girls jump over it and twist the rubberband and their legs .
- See All North Entrance no longer an Entrance but...
- See All Nice shopping area with great shops
- See All Guang Ji Buddhist Temple
- See All Good price and great location!
- See All Traditionel Teahouse
- See All Olympics 2008
- See All Great Vegetarian Restaurant
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 96 Reviews
- 205 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 115 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Re: Bullet Train"
- Commented on one of nepalgoods's Beijing tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sycee Bridge (Yinding Qiao)"
- updated a Beijing Travel Page "My wonderful Beijing"
- Wrote a Review North Entrance no longer an Entrance but an Exit about Forbidden City - The Palace Museum in Beijing Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (205)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos