"Keystone, Colorado" Dillon Travelogue by RJ1967
Dillon Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 52 photos
View of a hotel.
This is where you catch the gondola for a ride up the mountain. In the spring/summer, you can take your mountain bike up with you on the ride or you can just ride it up and hike down one the many paths.
If you don't have your own mountain bike, you can rent them at one of the bike shops. They come with helmets, too. You really might need one. The trails are divided into different skill levels. Some are pretty technical.
There's a long flat bike path that runs along this river in Keystone for people who don't want to use up all their energy.
The bike path goes 35 miles (60km) west over Loveland pass - elevation 11,000ft (3350m)- to Vail.
Lake Dillon is much prettier than this picture shows. We have a bad drought in Colorado this year and there are some big forest fires in the state. Because of this, there's thick smoke in the air. There wasn't much sun shining through when I took this pic. If you notice ...the water level is low, too. Maybe next summer will be better.
RJ1967's Related Pages
Dillon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davidp1952's new Dillon Page"
- "The "Atlantis" of Colorado"
- "John195123's new Dillon Page"
- "flatironvws's Dillon Page"
- "What a chill break"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dillon
- Hotels in Dillon
- Transportation in Dillon
- Restaurants in Dillon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dillon
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dillon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dillon
Photos in DillonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 21 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pueblo Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Idaho Springs Intro, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vail Intro, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dillon Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Springs Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue