"Southwest Adventure '02 ~ Flaming Gorge" Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area Travelogue by dacrites

Friday ~ July 12, 2002

Flaming Gorge National Recreational Area....results of the August '02 fire on Rt. 191, which was closed due to the wild fire just a few days before I left on vacation. Was worried I'd have to change my route...which would have taken me a long ways out of the way. Thankfully they got the fire under control and reopened the highway. Could see many, many acres that were burned, and there was still areas burning when I went through.

Results of August 2002 fire at Flaming Gorge

Friday ~ July 12, 2002

Even the rocks were burned, as well as areas across the road that were scorched. There was still some smoke from areas that were still burning when I went through.

Friday ~ July 12, 2002

Wyoming badlands. I believe I took this photo somewhere between Flaming Gorge National Recreational Area and Green River, WY. Brings back memories of my trip to the Badlands of South Dakota!

Wyoming Badlands postcard.

Friday ~ July 12, 2002

Postcard of Mitchell Peak, WY. Rising high above the Big Sandy Pass, it separates the Bridger Wilderness and Popo Agie Wilderness.

Roughly 2 hours north of Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.

• Page Written Oct 2, 2002

Comments

dacrites

“So little time for all the places I want to go!!!”

Badges & Stats in Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area

Have you been to Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area?

Latest Activity in Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area