"Beach Blanket Babylon and Hot September Nights" Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Travelogue by Geisha_Girl
Positano Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 633 photos
The beauty about being on holiday is that you have no set time schedule....no pagers, no cell phones, no appointments. The beauty about being in Positano is that you are limited to your choices of daytime activities: Beach, Boat, or Shops?
Here we do what we do best on a daily basis.....lounge on the beach. This was on Positano's main beach, Marina Grande. You can rent beach chairs with those fancy face shades for 10 Euro a day or you can opt to massage your back on the gravel.
Either way, it's heaven on earth......
A quieter beach we stumbled upon was right around the bend from the main beach. This section is called "Fornillo" and is smaller and rockier than the main beach. It is perched in a small bay that is guarded by two ancient watchtowers.
It's perfect if you want to get away from the crowds.
We also found some cool snack bars at Fornillo Beach with better prices than the snack bars at the main beach.
Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and garlic was a scrumptious afternoon snack with some ice cold "birra alla spina."
During our many day boat trips, we loved discovering new little towns along the coast. We became "regulars" in the town of Praiano where you can "valet park" your boat for 2 Euros!
Every night was a Saturday night in Positano. Our daily routine included stops to our favorite hot spots in town......well......we were really limited to only 3: Internet Cafe, Easy Pub, and Music on the Rocks. Here the VT girls get ready for another night out (Girl_KS, Geisha_Girl, and Girl_Rumbles)
During one of our pub-crawling nights, we stumble upon a place that served MOJITOS........a Cuban concoction mixed with rum or vodka and fresh mint...it's also my favorite "passion potion!"
Slam down a few of these and I can be fluent in Italian.....French.....Swahili........etc, etc.....
Our "resident hunk" seems to appear at all the hot spots with us!
This time he brings his cousin, Emilio.
We meet more tourists who enjoy the nights out with our crew. Alejandro from Cali, Colombia (left), Brad from Boston, Mass (right).......and here I am flanked by them in the middle. I'm from San Francisco but quickly become the official "Poster Child of Positano!"
- Leave the Hoochie-Mama shoes at home!!
- See All Take a day trip to Amalfi
- See All Always catch the sunrise and never miss...
- See All Dig The Scene
- See All Castles in the Sky!
- See All Get on the Boat!
- Ceramics, Floral tent dresses, and...
- SMILES go a long way in Positano!
- See All Number Two: Don't go there if MARIAH is...
- See All "DA GIORGIO" is da Bomb! (Capri)
- See All Steer clear of "New Age Music Video...
- The Blue Grotto: Pay 8 Euros for a Panic...
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (231)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Positano hotel reviews
- Le Sirenuse Hotel
- 361 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hotel Marincanto
- 507 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Il San Pietro di Positano
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Eden Roc Suites Hotel
- 613 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Grand Hotel Tritone
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel - Albergo California Positano
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- La Fenice
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Covo Dei Saraceni
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Pensione Maria Luisa - Amalfi Coast
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Hotel Miramare
- 407 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Le Agavi Hotel
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Albergo Punta Regina
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Casa Cuccaro B&B
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Ostello Brikette
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Poseidon
- 332 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013