"Cruising the Coastline" Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Travelogue by Geisha_Girl
Positano Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 633 photos
One of the things we were all looking forward to most during our holiday was the boating experience in the Amalfi Coast. We were surprisingly delighted to find how cheap the boat rentals were. Our first day we paid only 30 Euro an hour for a motorboat that took us to various secluded coves around Positano.
If you are really into boating....Positano is probably one of the cheapest resort towns for rentals!
To thank him for his services the night before, we invite "Scooter Boy" (aka Raffaele) to join us on our cruise. It was another blessing since he also served as our local tour guide as well as our resident HUNK! (Come se dice "Hottie" en Italiano?)
Girl_KS and Geisha_Girl take the helm to see where the boat will take us
The view of Positano from the boat is even more breathtaking than from the villa!
Another delightful excursion was our day trip around the island of Capri. It's about a 20 minute boat ride from Positano, but our boat took us out for 5 hours around the island. That day we visited the Blue Grotto, the Green Grotto, the White Grotto....by the time we were "Grotto-ed" out we were ready for some serious dining and shopping along the star-gazing streets of Capri (pronounced like "CAT-PEE" by the locals)
We caught a glimpse of this beautiful sailboat anchored on a deserted side of the island of Capri. As we edged closer to it.....and if you look really really hard......you can catch a glimpse of Gwen Stefani (No Doubt) and Gavin Rossdale (Bush) being catered to on their "honeymoon sailboat." We heard that the ROCK STAR couple was in town celebrating their honeymoon on Capri.
One of our favorite pastimes along with cruising our own boat, was finding a secluded cove, dropping anchor, and having our own private picnic on the boat equipped with vino, birra, antipasto, and surround sound music to watch the people sail by......
- Leave the Hoochie-Mama shoes at home!!
- See All Take a day trip to Amalfi
- See All Always catch the sunrise and never miss...
- See All Dig The Scene
- See All Castles in the Sky!
- See All Get on the Boat!
- Ceramics, Floral tent dresses, and...
- SMILES go a long way in Positano!
- See All Number Two: Don't go there if MARIAH is...
- See All "DA GIORGIO" is da Bomb! (Capri)
- See All Steer clear of "New Age Music Video...
- The Blue Grotto: Pay 8 Euros for a Panic...
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos