"FLOWERS = PEACE AND HEALING......" Netherlands Travelogue by eden_teuling
Netherlands Travel Guide: 32,689 reviews and 87,539 photos
To travel is one of my hobbies and sometimes it isn't so far from home and I don't need much money: I go to my garden.
And: my garden changes every hour, every day.
Always a lot to admire and enjoy and....to do!
For more flower photographs: go to the TRAVELOGUES of my homepage!!
My HYDRANGEAis one of my favourites. I think because of the abundance of flowers in all shades and nuances pink/blueish. The flowers don't smell but the real attraction are the many flowers.
In winter the dried flowers, which have changed color by then bring the summer sun in my house: I put them in the in winter dark corners of my house.
Early, a bit too early, this daisy nestled somewhere in my garden in a little crack in the pavement where it , to my amazement, withstood cold, rain, hail and all that comes with early spring weather.
On August 6, a Sunday, I went for a spin and cycled more than 30 km. The weather was fine, some sun, quite some wind (!) and I watched all those flowers along my cycle path and got an idea. On the way back I picked some and returning home I arranged them in my scanner, which the thing seemed to like because it made a nice and clean photo.
See, here it is: a bouquet of fresh, Dutch wild flowers.
No, no, no this is not my garden: wish it were. I do have a lovely garden and a pond but not the lovely, endearing statue of the girl. What is she doing? watching the whirligig beetles? the waterfleas? a just opened waterlily? or is she just dreaming about her future, looking at her own face, mirrored in the water?
I envy her: her age, her dreams, her longing and her little girl's world......
One morning in early spring when I walked to my letterbox at the garden gate this surprised me: the brilliance, sparkle of this simple drop of water lying in the core of this leave: a real gem!
Who knows a better sight to start the day with, please let me know!!!
This year my hollyhock begged me to use her as a model by showing off her flowers as never before: well, I couldn't refuse and see here, yes, you can be proud you are in my pages!
Once upon a time.....I had to go to hospital which frightened me very much. The day I had to go there, a cold, misty, murky day in February, I looked at my garden, saying: good bye - see you soon ! to my plants when all of a sudden I saw that my yellow rose had not a bud, but an opened bud showing sweet smelling rose petals and I picked it as a talisman, a good-luck charm. Here it is: a plucky rose because what rose would have the courage to have and then even to open a bud in February?
Well mine did and it really helped me....I had to show the same courage!
Here it is....
PLEASE SEE NEXT TRAVELOGUES, ALL MADE WITH CARE AND PLEASURE, both, the photos and this page!
- See All THE "ZEEUWS ARCHIEF" THE ARCHIVE......
- See All ST. NICOLAAS / SINTERKLAAS II
- See All WE DUTCH, LOVE MICE ON OUR...
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Netherlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A PRACTICAL AND PECULIAR GUIDE TO THE NETHERLANDS!"
- "A Great Place to Live In"
- "the Netherlands - my country on my way"
- "Margaret's Page"
- "Travelling around Holland"
- "Small Country, Big Variety"
- "BICYCLES RULES!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Netherlands
- Hotels in Netherlands
- Transportation in Netherlands
- Nightlife in Netherlands
- Restaurants in Netherlands
- Shopping in Netherlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Netherlands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Netherlands
- 500 Reviews
- 1,377 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Netherlands
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: moving house and change of..."
- updated a Netherlands Travelogue "II : VINCENT VAN GOGH PAGE 2......"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I : VINCENT VAN GOGH PAGE......"
- Wrote a Review THE "ZEEUWS ARCHIEF" THE ARCHIVE...... in Netherlands Favorites
- Commented on one of RhondaRuth's Netherlands travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues