"Some Personal Insights" Personal Page by gabriellefox
I was born in Rangoon Burma which is now called Yangon, Myanmar in September 1965. My parents left Burma in the late 1960s and brought me to live in England although my father would have preferred joining his family in Australia I think.
We moved to a coastal resort called Southend-on-Sea which is the South East Coast of Essex to join my mothers family. I have been living within the Borough of Southend ever since. It i where I have been educated, married, had my daughter, divorced and worked for the majority of my life. It is home.
At the age of 13 or 14 I got involved with Outward Bound courses which were run through my school. I even became a regular helper after leaving school.
Facing many of fears taught me to be a stronger and better person in general. As my father always used to say, "There is nothing to fear but FEAR itself". He was right.
When I was young International travel was rare and my family would take caravan holidays all over the UK. We had a fantastic time when the weather was with us and knew how to make the best of things when it wasn't.
We were happy with the simplest pleasures which is why I appreciate every experience to travel which I enjoy now.
When I was young a real treat would be being taken to a park. This particular park had dinasaurs - no it was not that long ago!
I have always enjoyed walking in parks and being close to nature.
I live in a modest three bedroom semi detached house in Essex. It is warm in winter, cool in summer and has been a great place to bring up my daughter, Sabrina. Nice schools, nice woods, golf course and handy for the shops and seaside.
My brother and sister are twins. Though not identical they shared many traits and experience including a wonderful big sister who always looked out for them. Boy they kept me busy!
My sister Natalie kind of has a love hate relationship with nature. For the most part she loves animals and they love her but she hates bees and wasps. I did not know what all the fuss was about till I got stung one day and had to go to hospital with a rather alarming reaction!
My brother Nigel on the other hand always loved cars which probably why every time I see him he appears to have bought a new one! I think this was the one and only yellow one I saw him in though!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 840 Reviews
- 1,121 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Local Taxi"
- Wrote a Review Local Taxi about Rental Car / Taxi in Palma de Mallorca Transportation
- updated a Palma de Mallorca Travel Page "Palma de Mallorca"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my Home Page"
- gabriellefox and acrickmay are now friends.
- Commented on Vijith's profile page
- Posted in Travel Málaga Forum "Re: Malaga Trip"
Top 10 Pages
- Burma Intro, 81 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 58 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 49 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Bahamas Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos