"Andøya" Norway Travelogue by monica78
Norway Travel Guide: 10,602 reviews and 30,080 photos
<font color=cornflowerblue>Here is some more information about my island Andøya
The island lies in a region in the north of Norway called, Vesterålen. Andøya is the northernmost local council in Nordland County. The local council has acreage of 659,3-squere meter, and composed of two isles Andøya and Hinnøya. (Hinnøya is the largest inhabitaded island in Norway) The local council has only just 6000 inhabitans, half of them live in the council center Andenes.
Andøya lies almost at 70-north latitude, and therefor it lies farther north than Murmansk, in Russia. But still Andøya have only 24 more winter days than Oslo, this means that we have cold summers and mild winters.
Andøya got an amazing nature, with long white beaches, mountains, and long bogs!
A lot of tourists come to Andøya to experience this fantastic nature. Andøya can offer a lot of different attractions in summer. Whale safarie, seal safarie, tours out at sea and up in the mountains. You can go by boat out to one of Norways biggest avian islands, Bleiksøya, and watch different birds there. We also got many different museums here.
Earlier Andøya had the fisherytrade as one of the main trades together with the militarybase Andøya Flystasjon (333 scvadron). To day the travel and toursim and space research (Andøya rocket launching site) is the main trades.
If you need more information about my fantastic island, feel free to contact me for any further information!!!
At Andøya you can find some beautiful beaches. The biggset is Bleik beach. It is the nicest and most known, but if you drive around at the island you will find some smaller too. And they are really nice. This is a beach in Boerra.
Both summer and winter you will see a lot of colors at Andøya. In the winter you can see the beautiful sky when the sun is gone, and when it is dark you can see the northern lights.
In summer you have the midnight sun....
- See All Bicycling - Rallarvegen (Rallarroad)
- See All A traditional wedding
- See All Stav churches
- See All A little town called Røros
- Come to norway and party with...
monica78's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Beautiful Norway!"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 147 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Top 10 Pages
- Norway Intro, 38 reviews, 83 photos, 13 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 49 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Puerto Plata Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue