"My crazes" Personal Page by ATLC
I've adored hats since I was 18 and my collection is quite big. But it's an expensive hobby, so in general, not more than 1 or 2 hats per year.
This is my latest made by designer Herma de Jong from Baarn.
A few more hat photo's can be seen in a special travelogue on my Netherlands page.
syllybabe advises on her Hong Kong page to pay COD (Care of Daddy). But I think more often than not it's CRAB (Can't Really Afford Buying !)
My birthday in 2002 was on the same day that our Crown Prince married. Our national colour is orange.
And orange is a bright, cheerful colour.
Anything orange catches my eye and I can hardly resist to buy it. Be it statonary, clothes, shoes, kitchenware...
My orange wardrobe is ever expanding. hahaha.
Did you notice that no American or British film seems to be without having either the main character or at least SOMEONE driving a VOLVO stationcar?
In my opinion, it's a real car: no frills, just space and getting from A to B.
I love it.
I've been driving one since 1990.
I would NOT call myself an expert at wine. Far from it. But I enjoy reading wine books, visiting wine farms, mostly in France, and tasting.
There was a wine forum posting on Oct. 2nd 2002 and this is what I contributed:
I agree: Madeira is great stuff.
And instead of expensive Champagne, I prefer the much cheaper and as tasty Crémant, made of Chardonnay grape with exactly the same procedure but not made IN Champagne region, thus not allowed to be called champagne.
For white I prefer the Chardonnay grape. I love a Chablis, or a Pouilly Fuissé (south Bourgogne). And the Alsace Pinot Blanc, Riesling and Edelzwicker and such.
For red I like a Pomerol or a lovely Burgundy (pricey but good bargains to be had if you study and visit various winefarms in the region).
And I particularly enjoy a late-pick: Spätlese (German) or Vendange Tardive (French) when the grapes are picked at the exact moment that a specific rotting process starts. A heavy, sweet dessert wine. Sauternes is the most famous example.
For budget I like South African wines, Chilean, and white wine from New Zealand (Marlborough, I believe).
Photo: a winetasting party at my home in the order of tasting.
More on that on my Bourgogne (France) page.
Actually not shopping itself (can be a bore) but buying something new quite lifts the mood sometimes!
Have a look at my shopping tips on Dutch products on my Netherlands page.
I've worked as a volunteer at the Ron Wichmanhuis in Rotterdam for a number of years and this will always be my main charity close to my heart.
I hope that more and more people will be convinced that this is hugely important.
Please give donations to your local Aids funds, educate your children and above all: Safe Sex!
Need I say more?
This photo is copyrighted by Corbis.com
Elegance is the art of doing the same thing differently. - E. van der Steen
When in the gutter, the only way to look is up. - Oscar Wilde
Fashion passes, style remains - Coco Chanel
Culture is like jam..the more you spread it, the thinner it is -
in a civilized exchange of views, victory isn't the point. - dnwitte
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3,807 Reviews
- 6,403 Photos
- 31 Countries
- 309 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (132)
- Posted in Travel Strasbourg Forum "Re: Strasbourg or Colmar New..."
- Commented on JLBG's profile page
- Wrote a Review Art deco about Tours & Walks in Brussels Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Art deco"
- updated a Hellevoetsluis Travel Page "Welcome to my new home town, old fortified harbour"
- ATLC and madygascar are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my travels"
- Uploaded a Video to Wartburg
PhotosSee All Photos (6403)
VideosSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos