"Wetaskiwin- The Reynolds Alberta Museum" Edmonton Travelogue by Darby2
Edmonton Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,036 photos
Filling the water tank on a Sawyer-Massey coal-fired steam tractor with an 8 bottom plow!
Wetaskiwin, (from the Cree word meaning "Peace Hills") Alberta is about a 45 minute drive southeast of Edmonton. It's most famous attraction is the Reynolds Alberta Museum which contains one of the largest collections of antique farm machinery in the world, much of it in working condition. Ancient steam tractors, threshing machines, binders, aeroplanes, antique and classic cars including a Deusenberg-the showpiece of the museum!
Highlights of the transportation collection include:
1905 Oldsmobile Curved Dash Runabout (restored)
1911 Hupp-Yeats Electric Coach (conserved)
1912 Harley-Davidson Silent Grey Fellow (conserved)
1916 Packard Twin Six Touring Car (original)
1918 Winton Four Passenger Sport Phaeton (original)
1923 Stanley Steamer Sedan (restored)
1927 LaSalle Convertible Coupe (restored)
1929 Model J Duesenberg, Phaeton Royale (restored, one-of-a-kind)
1930 Stewart 3/4 Ton Truck (restored)
1936 Auburn Sedan (restored)
1940 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Pick-Up truck (restored)
1946 Mercury Two Door Sedan (restored)
1953 Canadian Pontiac Sedan (original)
The museum collection was started many years ago by Stan Reynolds and many of his artifacts were donated to the new museum located a couple of miles west of the town. One of the most unusual artifacts is the stretched hide of the largest grizzly bear ever shot in Alberta. It was shot by a woman with a .22 calibre rabbit gun in the Swan Hills north of Edmonton. She shot it in the eye!
Be sure to visit this when you are in the Edmonton area!
This is the pride and joy of the Reynolds Alberta Museum
Les Lehman did a magnificent restoration job on these tractors!
This fully operational tractor was one of the first to use tracks instead of drive wheels
- See All The Edmonton Corn Maze
- See All Humungous burgers!!!!
- See All Top 3 (continued
- See All River Valley and bridges
- See All The Edmonton Queen riverboat
- See All More hailstones from Edmonton
Darby2's Related Pages
Edmonton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to the north!"
- "A river runs through it ........"
- "Edmonton - Oil Capital of Canada"
- "Meeting Jojocan in Edmonton"
- "Darby's Edmonton, Alberta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edmonton
- Hotels in Edmonton
- Transportation in Edmonton
- Nightlife in Edmonton
- Restaurants in Edmonton
- Shopping in Edmonton
- Warnings and Dangers in Edmonton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edmonton
- 29 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 123 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Edmonton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edmonton
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues