"Eyuphuro" Perth Travelogue by Gwynneth
Perth Travel Guide: 2,350 reviews and 5,162 photos
<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>This is about my fantastic weekend hostessing with 'Eyuphuro'!
<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=5>Saturday afternoon <FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>...Lisa called and asked for help taking some musicians to the zoo... agreeing to this simple request rewarded me with unexpected vibrance and passion from a group of people with whom it was impossible not to love!
During January and February Western Australia is privy to sensational performers that come and take part in the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/index.shtml">Perth International Arts Festival<a/>. Fortunately for me, this year 'Eyuphuro' from Mozambique, was on the running sheet!
Portugese is Mozambique's national language... English is my only spoken language and I really wondered how this was going to work out. To my delight, Lisa shone as she exercised her extensive knowledge of this wonderful language form. I excelled in sitting there smiling with the intent of 'appearing intelligent' as the speed of the conversation heightened into a whirl of laughs, hands and harmonious reparte!
Our excursion to the <a href="http://www.perthzoo.wa.gov.au/">Perth Zoo<a/> was fantastic! Introducing our guests to Australian wildlife such as: kangaroos, koalas, emus and dingos... our huge 4.8 metre 380kg crocodile, numerous snakes and goannas... no one enjoyed the snakes too much!! Many photo's later we left the zoo and continued the journey onto Jerry and Paula's home - our hosts for the evening.
Dance was our common 'thread'. Mariamo and Mama Zena set the scene at Jerry and Paula's house, enticing us to join in the celebration. None of us could resist the charms of Eyuphuro's powerful African rhythm oozing with Mozambique's heritage of African, European and Latin cultures. Issufo and Omar harmonised as 'one' bringing back the magic of the performance we experienced the night before at the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/watershed/index.htmll">Watershed<a/>
Somewhere in the middle of the shot, you'll find a very sleepy Koala... see him snoozing in the sun? Too cute!
Nothing like fantastic hospitality to add to a great day! (Jerry and his gorgeous new daughter)
- See All VT Perth Farewells Greyphoenix!
- See All Crystal Topas Waters
- See All Movies Under the Stars
- See All Rugby World Cup
- See All Obessions with Renovating!
- See All Lid Down
- See All Celebrity Encounter
- Sun Screen SPF 15+ or Burn!
- See All There's no other store like...
- See All Island Summer...
- Observation Rise - Scarborough...
- 4WD adventures!
- Don't just doze in the passengers...
Been to Perth?Share your travels with the world!
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "MY TIME IN PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth, Australia - My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 36 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 276 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos