"Eyuphuro" Perth Travelogue by Gwynneth
Perth Travel Guide: 2,288 reviews and 4,816 photos
<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>This is about my fantastic weekend hostessing with 'Eyuphuro'!
<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=5>Saturday afternoon <FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>...Lisa called and asked for help taking some musicians to the zoo... agreeing to this simple request rewarded me with unexpected vibrance and passion from a group of people with whom it was impossible not to love!
During January and February Western Australia is privy to sensational performers that come and take part in the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/index.shtml">Perth International Arts Festival<a/>. Fortunately for me, this year 'Eyuphuro' from Mozambique, was on the running sheet!
Portugese is Mozambique's national language... English is my only spoken language and I really wondered how this was going to work out. To my delight, Lisa shone as she exercised her extensive knowledge of this wonderful language form. I excelled in sitting there smiling with the intent of 'appearing intelligent' as the speed of the conversation heightened into a whirl of laughs, hands and harmonious reparte!
Our excursion to the <a href="http://www.perthzoo.wa.gov.au/">Perth Zoo<a/> was fantastic! Introducing our guests to Australian wildlife such as: kangaroos, koalas, emus and dingos... our huge 4.8 metre 380kg crocodile, numerous snakes and goannas... no one enjoyed the snakes too much!! Many photo's later we left the zoo and continued the journey onto Jerry and Paula's home - our hosts for the evening.
Dance was our common 'thread'. Mariamo and Mama Zena set the scene at Jerry and Paula's house, enticing us to join in the celebration. None of us could resist the charms of Eyuphuro's powerful African rhythm oozing with Mozambique's heritage of African, European and Latin cultures. Issufo and Omar harmonised as 'one' bringing back the magic of the performance we experienced the night before at the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/watershed/index.htmll">Watershed<a/>
Somewhere in the middle of the shot, you'll find a very sleepy Koala... see him snoozing in the sun? Too cute!
Nothing like fantastic hospitality to add to a great day! (Jerry and his gorgeous new daughter)
- See All VT Perth Farewells Greyphoenix!
- See All Crystal Topas Waters
- See All Movies Under the Stars
- See All Rugby World Cup
- See All Obessions with Renovating!
- See All Lid Down
- See All Celebrity Encounter
- Sun Screen SPF 15+ or Burn!
- See All There's no other store like...
- See All Island Summer...
- Observation Rise - Scarborough...
- 4WD adventures!
- Don't just doze in the passengers...
Been to Perth?Share your travels with the world!
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Perth - Home of Lovely Beaches & Awesome Sunsets"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "Perth's Newest Hotel , Holiday Inn Burswood"
- "The city on the Swan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 36 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 290 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Perth hotel reviews
- North Lodge Backpackers/Perth City Appartments
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Townsend Lodge
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- The Richardson Hotel Suites And Spa
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Miss Maud Swedish
- 341 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Lancelin Lodge YHA
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Mountway Holiday Apartments
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Britannia on William Backpackers
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- The New Esplanade Hotel
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Witch's Hat Backpackers Hostel
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Perth City YHA Hostel
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Perth City
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Lonestar City Backpackers
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2007
- Dongara Backpackers "Breeze Inn"
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Seasons Of Perth
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- The Old Swan Barracks
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013