"Eyuphuro" Perth Travelogue by Gwynneth

Perth Travel Guide: 2,295 reviews and 4,892 photos

Sensational!

<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>This is about my fantastic weekend hostessing with 'Eyuphuro'!
_______________________

<FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=5>Saturday afternoon <FONT FACE=Arial,Helvetica SIZE=2>...Lisa called and asked for help taking some musicians to the zoo... agreeing to this simple request rewarded me with unexpected vibrance and passion from a group of people with whom it was impossible not to love!

During January and February Western Australia is privy to sensational performers that come and take part in the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/index.shtml">Perth International Arts Festival<a/>. Fortunately for me, this year 'Eyuphuro' from Mozambique, was on the running sheet!

Portugese is Mozambique's national language... English is my only spoken language and I really wondered how this was going to work out. To my delight, Lisa shone as she exercised her extensive knowledge of this wonderful language form. I excelled in sitting there smiling with the intent of 'appearing intelligent' as the speed of the conversation heightened into a whirl of laughs, hands and harmonious reparte!

Our excursion to the <a href="http://www.perthzoo.wa.gov.au/">Perth Zoo<a/> was fantastic! Introducing our guests to Australian wildlife such as: kangaroos, koalas, emus and dingos... our huge 4.8 metre 380kg crocodile, numerous snakes and goannas... no one enjoyed the snakes too much!! Many photo's later we left the zoo and continued the journey onto Jerry and Paula's home - our hosts for the evening.

Dance was our common 'thread'. Mariamo and Mama Zena set the scene at Jerry and Paula's house, enticing us to join in the celebration. None of us could resist the charms of Eyuphuro's powerful African rhythm oozing with Mozambique's heritage of African, European and Latin cultures. Issufo and Omar harmonised as 'one' bringing back the magic of the performance we experienced the night before at the <a href="http://www.perthfestival.com.au/watershed/index.htmll">Watershed<a/>

Live music... from Mozambiques finest! (Omar, Papa and Issufo)

Airport

Until we meet again...

After the Gig!

Checking out the Perth Zoo

MariaMo

Issufo

Somewhere in the middle of the shot, you'll find a very sleepy Koala... see him snoozing in the sun? Too cute!

Kookaburra... our laughing bird. Loves eating live game, such as: snakes; lizards and frogs!

(Issufo, Jami Lee, Gwynneth, Omar and Vicki - the fabulous!)

BBQ at Jerry and Paula's

Nothing like fantastic hospitality to add to a great day! (Jerry and his gorgeous new daughter)

(Mafeale, Gwynneth, MariaMo and Lisa - the sensational!)

• Page Updated Nov 19, 2003

Comments

Gwynneth Lives Here!

Gwynneth

“Heart makes it start... passion makes it happen... drive keeps it alive.”

Badges & Stats in Perth