"Malaysian Costumes from early to modern" Malaysia Travelogue by l_joo
Malaysia Travel Guide: 28,825 reviews and 74,080 photos
Malaysian Costumes along with it's history
This is a rough drawing to show tourists how it evolve from the early days until today.
This is a photo by joo taken from Kota Bharu of Kelantan state in year 2003. These girls are Malay Muslims also known as Bumiputra.
This is also by joo fron Kota Bharu.
This is a photo taken by joo from the Melaka Stadhuys Museum. It shows how the costumes of Melaka days.
Here you can see the way modern city dwellers' costume. These are Malaysian but they are non-Muslims.
This is taken from Sentul market in Kuala Lumpur. They are Indians or Hindus. They speak mostly Tamil.
On my visit to Melaka 2 years ago, I took a good set of photos in the Portuguese village.
- See All The world's most Speed bump country
- See All National Culture Policy
- See All Alexander the Great
- See All Malaysian beach
- See All Chinese medicine shop
- See All Attap Chee of Pahang
l_joo's Related Pages
Malaysia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Malaysia Year 2007 has started"
- "Malaysia - a cool fusion of culture and beliefs"
- "Malaysia Travel (and The Foreign Labour Colony)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malaysia
- Hotels in Malaysia
- Transportation in Malaysia
- Nightlife in Malaysia
- Restaurants in Malaysia
- Shopping in Malaysia
- Warnings and Dangers in Malaysia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malaysia
- 1,502 Reviews
- 3,199 Photos
- 133 Forum posts
- 156 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Malaysia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malaysia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Beer question...."
- Wrote a Review The world's most Speed bump country in Malaysia Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "The world's most Speed bump country"
- updated a Malaysia Travel Page "Malaysia Travel (and The Foreign Labour Colony)"
- Commented on one of Mel&Mike's Malaysia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues