"Wildlife rescue" Beernem Travelogue by Patje
Beernem Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 15 photos
Rescue centre for sick and wounded wildlife
The Wildlife Rescue Centre is a non-profit organisation. The main tasks consist of taking care of sick and wounded wildlife and making people aware of environmental problems or diseases by means of education.The Wildlife Rescue Centre is recognized by the Flemish Community as a wildlife rehabilitation centre. They have also given us special licences so protected birds and mammals can be kept in our centre for a while. The Royal Belgian Society for the Protection of Birds has recognized our centre as a Bird Rescue Centre. The Ministry of the Flemish Community recognized the centre as a regional organisation for the protection of our wildlife.
How do we work?
Our daily tasks at the centre are permanency, administration, collecting and taking care of sick or wounded wildlife, cleaning the centre and guiding groups. Vets are willing to give us a hand if needed, for example in the case of operations.
The only place where wild birds or wild animals belong is the free nature.
Wild animals rob from their freedom is animal abuse!
The centre is situated at Beernem on provincial domain.
I am a volunteer since 1984, and a receive about 100 wild animals each year for the most birds from our region.
The reason that the animals are brought to the centre are.
Birdtrapping is in our region still a problem. This birds are brougt to the centre till their are given free by the goverment
Not all the hunters follow the law about hunting, now and then we find protected birds schot by hunters
Winter is a difficult time for birds
Patje's Related Pages
Beernem Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beernem
- 1 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Beernem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beernem
Photos in BeernemSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Trenta Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mizpe Ramon Intro, 5 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kortrijk Intro, 50 photos, 9 travelogues
- Solda Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Solcava Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gorjuse Intro, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stara Fuzina Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues