VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"street crime in general" Personal Observations Tip by Michael_D

Personal Observations, Saint Petersburg: 46 reviews and 36 photos

no danger at all
by Michael_D

One hears reports constantly about crime in Moscow and to a lesser degree in St Petersburg. I have to say I saw nothing that alerted me there was a problem. Then again I wasnt out night clubbing, getting drunk or buying drugs. You look hard enough and trouble WILL find you in any city.

The average tourist will not be a victim of anything worse than a surley bus driver or a bogus SPB DVD(that didnt work when I got home)purchased at the kiosks near the Aurora Cruiser.;-)

IN FACT this deserves a note. Despite the many people that had a beer in hand almost everywhere in SPB and despite it is a bustling city of 5 MILLION people...I dont recall a single arguement or confrontation my entire time in SPB. The people are very curtious and respectfull in my opinion. I felt safe 100% of the time.(something I CANT say for my hometown New York City;-)

• Updated Jun 22, 2005

Comments

Michael_D

“~Welcome to sunny Florida~”

Have you been to Saint Petersburg?