VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Gordon's Rocks" Top 5 Page for this destination Diving and Snorkeling Tip by Quero

We did three dives at this very interesting site. It is actually the interior of a volcanic caldera with only a few pinacles below the surface and two walls that break the surface, remaining of the rim. There is a central pinnacle as well. The caldera is quite large and cannot be dived easily in one go.

This is a fairly deep dive, as deep as 40 meters. The visibility in the interior was not the best for the dives I did, but I was told that this is unusual.

There were schooling baracuda, some moray eels, a Galapagos shark cruised past us, and we saw a small school of hammerheads, too. The most interesting thing I saw was an angelfish cleaning the carapace of a marine turtle. You can see the king angel in the photo.

• Updated Dec 6, 2004

Comments

Quero

“Nessa estrada, não nos cabe conhecer ou ver o que virá. O fim dela, ninguem sabe bem ao certo onde vai dar. --Toquinho”

Have you been to Galápagos Islands?