"Wintering swallows head South" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Things to Do Tip by NiceLife
Nice Things to Do: 617 reviews and 1,220 photos
7.30 am, late November, and Summer has given way to Winter. The fickle European swallow shuts up shop and heads for warmer climes.For a few weeks each morning, moon still bright, the sky blackens briefly as another flock of a half million swallows takes to the skies overhead destined for Africa.
They'll be back in the Spring along with next year's Tourists. In the mean time Nice is poised for Christmas. The artificial snow is sprayed onto the fir trees planted out in Place Massena, and the wooden cabins of the Christmas Market prepared, the ice rink readied.
Some shops and restaurants close for a brief holiday in the run up to Christmas. Others are shut for refurbishment while things are quiet. Blessed still with the chance of days of warm sunshine, Nice is calm and quiet. And there are still people on the beach.
Address: In the sky.
More Things to Do in Nice (38)
More Reviews (151)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels