"Pumpkin Virginia :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Local Customs: 89 reviews and 177 photos
I was in Virginia about three weeks before Halloween. There were tons of pumpkins displayed in front of both local supermarkets (the Mechanicsville Wal-Mart in my picture) and houses.
Before Halloween (31 Oct.) surely pumpkins are more for decorations than for eating. In the late autumn between Halloween and Thanksgiving (late November), many Americans all over use the leftover pumpkins to make pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread. Krispy Kreme even has pumpkin doughnuts as a seasonal favourite.
Excuse, this tip is not unique to Virginia, but to the USA (and Canada as I know). I will transfer it to my USA or Northern America page soon.
More Local Customs in Virginia (29)
More Reviews (120)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels