Wal-Mart: "But how to eat it?" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Shopping Tip by matcrazy1

Richmond Shopping: 77 reviews and 70 photos

BUT HOW TO EAT IT?
by matcrazy1

I was in Richmond and Mechanicsville some three weeks before Halloween. There were tons of pumpkins displayed in front of the Mechanicsville Wal-Mart.

I didn't think seriously about buying any (that would have sure enough put my luggage over the weight limit). Hmm... I even didn't know how to pronanunce (Nat and many Southerners pronounce it PUN-kin), use or eat a pumpkin (fresh or boiled ?) that time :-))). Pumpkins are not popular (= not easy available) in my country, Poland.

What to buy: Before Halloween (31 Oct.) surely pumpkins are more for decorations than for eating. In the late autumn between Halloween and Thanksgiving (late November), many Americans all over use the leftover pumpkins to make pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread. Krispy Kreme even has pumpkin doughnuts as a seasonal favourite.

What to pay: $2.97 per one pumpkin (size like on my picture).

Address: 7430 Bell Creek Rd, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Directions: From I-295 take exit 37 to US-360 East (Mechanicsville Turnpike), drive it 0.3 mi and turn first right to SR-642 (Bell Creek Rd), the store 0.7 mi on the left.
Phone: +1 (804) 730-8877
Theme: Food and Drink
Website: http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

• Updated Dec 1, 2004

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Richmond?