Pita Pit: "Pita as You Like It" Top 5 Page for this destination Pita Pit Tip by CdnJane

Pita Pit, Toronto: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Try it - you hopefully will like it!
by CdnJane

Well I've put Pita Pit under Fast Food, but not sure that Fast is necessarily accurate. I also don't like to cover a lot of chain restaurants, but it is a handy place for an alternative meal for lunch, dinner, or perhaps late night bite. I've also listed it because of this one specific location near the Holiday Inn on King, which is an alternative to the other sit-down restaurants in the area. Anyway....
Pita Pit is a chain of take-out/take-away restaurants which allows you to order almost any kind of Pita you want. That could be a steak pita or a falafel or a veggie pita.(Although I think it is a little expensive to just have salad stuffs shoved in a pita pocket!)
You select your meat type which is heated on a little grill by the pita maker, and then select your other additions - cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce, green (bell) peppers, onions, mushrooms, and several other items, and then things like tazaki, mayo, honey-mustard, bbq sauce, and a couple of other dressings.
Sometimes I like to think that this is a healthier alternative to the other fast-food places, but I'm sure the grill and honey-mustard adds back the calories and grease. But you don't get fries with it.
One of my former coworkers doesn't like the mix of hot and cold items all squished together, but that is probably the only negative I've heard about the concept - not the specific Pita Pit chain.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the club pita - chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, green peppers, cheddar cheese, and honey-mustard. Nothing too exceptional, but my favourite. Oh, sometimes I also get some cucumber too! And on a wild moment I might get some alfalfa sprouts put on it!! I just like the fact that I can get what I want on it, not have to deal with a pre-decided veggie selection or hassle with the server about what I don't want.

Address: Adelaide between John and Peter St
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: North side of Adelaide at the top of the little side street on the east side of the Holiday Inn on King. However, there are Pita Pits located all over Toronto and Canada
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Fast Food

• Written Nov 28, 2004

CdnJane Used To Live Here!

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Have you been to Toronto?