"Are Virginians religious?" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Local Customs: 89 reviews and 177 photos
I was told that Southerners are more religious than folks in say New England. I don't know but I could easy find a church both in downtown Richmond and in the neighbourhoods as well as in most even one-horse Virginian villages. Like in the West a year before, I was surprised about numerous religions (hundreds, I think) they practise.
Look at my picture No 2 taken in Richmond. There is First Church of Christ, Scientist - have you ever heard about this church? I never. Well, American loves the word "first", I found more "first churches", like for example First Baptist Church (quite popular in the South, right?).
Referring to official statistics 69% (54% USA) Virginians are protestant, 14% (25.9 % USA) Roman catholic and 12% (15%) non-religious.
More Local Customs in Virginia (29)
More Reviews (120)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels