"that one is supposed to be a real adventure" Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Laos Favorites: 150 reviews and 123 photos

entralling scenery of the Mekong River
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: The river scenery was even more enthralling the second day though the trip not a second shorter. The kids were particularly photogenic and had not been spoiled into asking for money for these qualities just yet. Nevertheless, there was not a person on board that would sign up for a third day if given the chance, and we were uniformly elated to get onto dry land. A city never looked so good as Luang Prabang did on arrival. Though the trip was not as adventurous as the literature would have you believe, we were quite happy to have done it and compared with other options of entering Laos, I would have to highly recommend it. As was evident by a family utilizing it, it is increasingly a choice being made by even mainstream tourists. Would I do it again? I think not. But I did read about another Mekong River trip entering Laos from the southern border with Cambodia. Now, that one is supposed to be a real adventure.

• Written Nov 25, 2004

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Laos?