"that one is supposed to be a real adventure" Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Favorite Tip by richiecdisc
Laos Favorites: 150 reviews and 123 photos
Fondest memory: The river scenery was even more enthralling the second day though the trip not a second shorter. The kids were particularly photogenic and had not been spoiled into asking for money for these qualities just yet. Nevertheless, there was not a person on board that would sign up for a third day if given the chance, and we were uniformly elated to get onto dry land. A city never looked so good as Luang Prabang did on arrival. Though the trip was not as adventurous as the literature would have you believe, we were quite happy to have done it and compared with other options of entering Laos, I would have to highly recommend it. As was evident by a family utilizing it, it is increasingly a choice being made by even mainstream tourists. Would I do it again? I think not. But I did read about another Mekong River trip entering Laos from the southern border with Cambodia. Now, that one is supposed to be a real adventure.
More Reviews (22)
- See All The local plonk
- hiking in Vang Vieng
- Vang Vieng has more local color than you...
- wish we could have brought him home
- not nearly the thieves of Thailand
- scenic but slow boats
- See All beware of rickety bridges
- little visited villages offer some local...
- what only nature can bestow
- See All a feast of temples awaits you in Laos
- See All sometimes you want something not so...
- See All say hello to our little friend