"Next monument (1919)" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Richmond Things to Do: 275 reviews and 462 photos
This monument on my picture depicts a guy on a horse and is dedicated to Thomas J. Jackson "stonewall". It's pedestal looks too heavy but it is typical for the turn of 19th and 20th century. At least this 37 ft (11.3 m) high monument is well seen from a distance.
There was one more his monument in the Capitol Square.
Address: Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220
Directions: Where Monument Avenue (its eastern part) crosses N. Boulevard (VA-161), 2.6 mi northwest of the Capitol Square.
More Reviews (73)
- See All Looking for budget accommodation?
- See All Where to park a car?
- See All Drink Virginia wine
- See All Wilkum sign
- See All Immigration and the South
- See All Do not forget underwear and socks :-)
- See All But how to eat it?
- See All Association For Free Photography (AFFP)
- See All Poor light and blurred pictures
- See All Nighttime hunger :-)
- See All Over 30 kinds of doughnuts to choose!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels